Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: My brain is fried.

Thanks

Laughing out loud

Thanks

Oh yes!
    I so hate forgetting a perfectly common word in the middle of a thought and then having my husband fill it in for me. Beyond frustrating!
    I really feel silly when I can describe the word, give a definition and synonyms for the word, but I just can't think of the word!
    Hugs,
    Marla

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by magistramarla View Post
    Oh yes!
    I so hate forgetting a perfectly common word in the middle of a thought and then having my husband fill it in for me. Beyond frustrating!
    I really feel silly when I can describe the word, give a definition and synonyms for the word, but I just can't think of the word!
    Hugs,
    Marla
    My husband does the same thing. He is the only person, who I feel compfortable having a conversation with. He knows how to fill in the blanks, there are alot of blanks.

Debbie
    I may have been dealt a bad hand, but at least I'm still playing with a full deck. ( most of the time anyway).

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by ruziska View Post
    I'm there too! I had some advice but I forgot it already
    I almost spit my coffee on the key board, that is too funny. We are one heck of a club.

Debbie
    I may have been dealt a bad hand, but at least I'm still playing with a full deck. ( most of the time anyway).

Thanks

Can you guys imagine, what it would be like, if all of us got together in person? A funny thought, isn't it?

Debbie

Thanks

It's nice to know I'm not alone. I'm having a really hard time keeping up at work. I spend a lot of time in meetings and people are starting to notice me stumbling. I try to brush it away, saying things like "oops, another senior moment" or "I haven't had enough coffee yet".

I'm so shy about this, I waited year before I told my husband. He was relieved to hear that it was part of lupus because he thought I had alzheimers.

Reading is so much work and much of he time I don't understand what I just read. Does anyone have any advice to make it better?

Thanks

Hey Running Girl,
    It's good to see you here again!
    When I was still teaching, I was doing a lot of "faking it". I wrote very detailed lesson plans, and kept them open on my computer while I was teaching a class. I could walk nonchalantly behind my desk and remind myself of what in the heck I was supposed to be doing next!
    I found myself forgetting basic vocabulary words in Latin, just as I do in English. I would start to say a sentence in Latin and then stop at the "missing" vocabulary word. My students would cheerfully supply the word, thinking that I was quizzing them! I just rolled with it, and made it into a game with them. They never knew!
    Could you carry a netbook or an ipad to your meetings, and have your own version of lesson plans?
    Hugs,
    Marla

Thanks

Hi Marla,
    Thanks for the "welcome back". I just had the most lovely two month lupus vacation. My symptoms had all gone away. I was running again and feeling great. Alas, they have returned. But now I feel so much more hopeful. I look forward to the next break.

That's funny, that your students thought it was game. I do carry a notepad and a tablet, but I have to come better prepared. My note taking needs a lot of work. It never ceases to amaze me the simple things I can forget.

...you can make as many Latin mistakes as you like, I will never know! Lol

Brenda

Thanks

Marla : as a second language teacher, I was going to say the same thing. The students usually think I am quizzing them. The problems arise when it is a word they can't possibly know in their first or second language. lol!

Quote Originally Posted by magistramarla View Post
    Hey Running Girl,
    It's good to see you here again!
    When I was still teaching, I was doing a lot of "faking it". I wrote very detailed lesson plans, and kept them open on my computer while I was teaching a class. I could walk nonchalantly behind my desk and remind myself of what in the heck I was supposed to be doing next!
    I found myself forgetting basic vocabulary words in Latin, just as I do in English. I would start to say a sentence in Latin and then stop at the "missing" vocabulary word. My students would cheerfully supply the word, thinking that I was quizzing them! I just rolled with it, and made it into a game with them. They never knew!
    Could you carry a netbook or an ipad to your meetings, and have your own version of lesson plans?
    Hugs,
    Marla

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by bunny28 View Post
    Marla : as a second language teacher, I was going to say the same thing. The students usually think I am quizzing them. The problems arise when it is a word they can't possibly know in their first or second language. lol!
    LOL - That's where those detailed lesson plans on the computer came in handy!