Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: My brain is fried.

Thanks

Well that explains my memory then...the fog brain, my kids tell me things and I forget....I then find myself repeating things bcoz ive fortgotten that ive told them something and they go, "Mum you just said that a few moments ago"...I cant remember where I put things and im usually quite organised, but this has really put me in a slump!! Now i feel like that movie 50 first dates with ummmm who was it again...hahah...oh yes Drew Barrymore and Adam Sandlers...

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Lotus For This Useful Post:

chikititalinda (04-04-2012)

Thanks

LOL,
    If you really want a laugh, go read the thread called "You know you have brain fog when...."

Thanks

I know exactly what you mean Lotus, I think my kids and hubby have learned to read my thoughts as they can basically finish my sentences. Although its sad to know so many of us have this issue I'm glad to know its not just me and that there are others out there who understand what we're going through. I've come to hate this decease so much and how its turning my life around daily. When its not one thing its another!

Thanks

I am brand new, but here's how I describe it to people at work...picture a thought cloud above me head; there are lots of things floating around in there and I can't focus on which thought I am having at any given point; they are all running together!

Blog Entries
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,617 Times in 1,107 Posts

hi deb4christ,
    welcome.
    it is good to hear from you.
    please read a few of the older posts.
    they are our personal experiences with lupus.

Blog Entries
    Thanks

Brain fog is one of the reasons I had to stop teaching. One day I couldn't find my glasses in class and asked the kids to help me find them. When I was told they were there on top of my head, I thought it's time I better seriously consider retiring. Besides, when you have over 30 kids in a class and need to be on your toes at all times because things happen quickly in a classroom, I knew it was time to stop teaching.

Thanks

Thats one of my biggest concerns is when should I stop working? I work in a Legal field and I'm so scared I will mess up on something. SIGH!

tgal is offline Super Moderator Super ModeratorEmperor of the Solar System
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,741 Times in 1,211 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by chikititalinda View Post
    Thats one of my biggest concerns is when should I stop working? I work in a Legal field and I'm so scared I will mess up on something. SIGH!
    I feel ya. I also worked in the legal field and, even though I had to stop working several years ago, I still worry that one of the documents I ordered or one of the files I worked, will come back to bite someone on the butt. I worked long beyond what I should have but coming to that decision is a tough one
    Mari

Success is not final, failure is not fatal: it is the courage to continue that counts.

~Winston Churchill~

Thanks

I've been working since I was 14 years old, being 38 now I feel I can use a little break from work, thats not the difficult part, the most difficult part is the financial part. I know we've spoken about this before, but the sad thing is Dissability wont give me enough to manage all my bills. STUPID ME, I didn't purchase dissability insurance on my mortgage or car loan so Im stuck. My advice to anyone getting a loan now is GET INSURANCE, you don't know what can happen!

Thanks

I feel you all as well! I am newly diagnosed and I have blamed my constant brain fog on ADD for years. I'm now starting to realize that this has more to do with Lupus and my memory than attention deficit.

The worst is also trying to explain to others what this feels like. I'm so grateful to be able to express to all of you how I feel and that I understand how you all feel as well. -- Thank you.
    Best wishes,

M

Lupus, Secondary Raynaud's Phenomenon, Pernio (Chilblains)
    Plaquenil, Amlodipine