Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: My brain is fried.

Thanks

Default My brain is fried.

I hate this feeling, I can't think straight! I read things and do not know what the heck is it that I'm reading, my kids tell me something and I do not remember it. this is a scary feeling, AYE, I can't even put my thoughts into words, Im writing like a third grader.

Thanks

I feel your pain. You feel like your thoughts aren't connecting to your mouth. Brain fog continues to get the best of me.
    "Rule number one is, don't sweat the small stuff. Rule number two is, it's all small stuff."
    -Robert Eliot

Dx: Potential Lupus, Diffuse Systemic Sclerosis, Mixed Connective Tissue Disease

Rx: Prednisone 5mg 1x daily, Lyrica 75mg 2x daily, Omeprazole 200mg 1x daily, Xanax .5mg prn

Thanks

That is the reason, that alot of times, I don't answer long posts here, because I read them over and over and still don't understand them.
    It is very frustrating.
    When I was at my rheumy wednesday, I wanted to ask him, why my platelet count is always low. Well, I couldn't remember the word " platelet", so I asked him, " why is my blood clotting count down?" He looked at me kind of funny.
    In a way I was glad that it happend in his presence, because he always dismisses brain fog.
    You are not alone my friend.

Debbie
    I may have been dealt a bad hand, but at least I'm still playing with a full deck. ( most of the time anyway).

rob is offline Super Moderator Super ModeratorEmperor of the World
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,105 Times in 628 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by chikititalinda View Post
    I hate this feeling, I can't think straight! I read things and do not know what the heck is it that I'm reading, my kids tell me something and I do not remember it. this is a scary feeling, AYE, I can't even put my thoughts into words, Im writing like a third grader.
    It happens to me too, and it happens far too often. Brainfog is damn frustrating.

I know how you feel.

Blog Entries
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,617 Times in 1,107 Posts

i can offer support and understanding.
    i too have the same problem.

Thanks

Its so frustrating. Im with you Debbie, I can't keep up with the long post either. I read and re-read them and can't comprehend them sometimes.
    Any advice on how to minimize this feeling at least?

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by chikititalinda View Post
    Its so frustrating. Im with you Debbie, I can't keep up with the long post either. I read and re-read them and can't comprehend them sometimes.
    Any advice on how to minimize this feeling at least?
    Sorry, I have no advice. I have learned to laugh about it, sometimes we do some funny stuff, because of the brain fog.

Debbie
    I may have been dealt a bad hand, but at least I'm still playing with a full deck. ( most of the time anyway).

tgal is offline Super Moderator Super ModeratorEmperor of the Solar System
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,741 Times in 1,211 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by debbie-b View Post
    That is the reason, that alot of times, I don't answer long posts here, because I read them over and over and still don't understand them.
    It is very frustrating.
    When I was at my rheumy wednesday, I wanted to ask him, why my platelet count is always low. Well, I couldn't remember the word " platelet", so I asked him, " why is my blood clotting count down?" He looked at me kind of funny.
    In a way I was glad that it happend in his presence, because he always dismisses brain fog.
    You are not alone my friend.

Debbie
    I am the same way about the long posts. I have basically had to give up reading (which I LOVE) because I read over and over the same thing and it doesn't sink in. When it finally does and I get to the next chapter I realize that I have figured out that I don't remember half of what I have read.

People here have to remember that the ones answering here are sick just like the ones asking the questions.
    Mari

Success is not final, failure is not fatal: it is the courage to continue that counts.

~Winston Churchill~

Thanks

You are so right Mari, I would love to answer everyone, but sometines it is just impossible.
    What the heck, we all do our best, but sometimes the fog wins.

Debbie

Blog Entries
    Thanks

I'm there too! I had some advice but I forgot it already
    "I'm going to get healthy or die trying"

11. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to ruziska For This Useful Post:

Chesterwin (03-17-2012), chikititalinda (03-16-2012)