Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Update from my rheumy visit yesterday.

Thanks

Debbie,

First off as your reading this take a deep breath...it really helps! I am 21 my mom is 46 she found out she has aih when she was 21. So I know all about you labs, levels, and fears. But everything will work out! In 2004 my mom had an updated biopsy she was at stage 4 of 4 liver failure. That's not what you want to hear as a single mom of a 13 yo. BUT its 2012 and my mom is still alive with out transplant! The prednisone or imuran will control the aih. But maybe not the small dose your used to ie your liver functions off the charts while your currently taking the prednisone. Look into cushings disease. Also prednisolne is used in cases of aih because it is prednisone already processed.

Much love!
    Ginger

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to GingerOsborn For This Useful Post:

BonusMom (05-30-2012), debbie-b (05-22-2012)

Thanks

I went for the blood test today, the one for before the liver biopsy. After the nurse took the needle out, it wouldn't stop bleeding for 20 minutes. She was pressing down on the hole pretty hard and finally after 20 minutes it stopped bleeding.
    I hope that doesn't mean that my platelets are way down again.
    I don't feel like bleeding to death after the biopsy.
    If it isn't one thing, its another. sigh

Debbie
    I may have been dealt a bad hand, but at least I'm still playing with a full deck. ( most of the time anyway).

Thanks

Debbie,
    I'll be thinking about you next week. Let us know how you are doing as soon as you feel up to it.
    Hugs,
    Marla

Thanks

Had a call from the hospital last night, was told that the biopsy is going to be on Wednesday, instead of Tuesday. I was told, that I have to be on complete bed rest on the day of the biopsy and then she asked me what kind of work I do, I told her it involves very heavy lifting, all day long, she told me, that I can't work at all for three days after the biopsy. No lifting at all.
    My boss had a fit, because the schedule for next week was already made and now he has to change it. Oh well, that is why he is getting paid the big bucks,lol.
    On the other hand, my liver doctor could have told me, that I can't lift anything.
    On the bright side, I am going to be off work, for four days, two regular days off and two sick days.

Debbie
    I may have been dealt a bad hand, but at least I'm still playing with a full deck. ( most of the time anyway).

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by magistramarla View Post
    Debbie,
    I'll be thinking about you next week. Let us know how you are doing as soon as you feel up to it.
    Hugs,
    Marla
    I will, but I know, my husband will not let me off the couch on wed, I hope he lets me go to the John. He is over protective.

Debbie

Thanks

Hi guys,

Tomorrow I will have my liver biopsy, I need your good thoughts.
    Hoping that there is no liver failure going on. The bad thing is, I have to wait one week for the results.

Debbie

Thanks

Waiting for biopsy results is the absolute worst. I'll be sending good thoughts your way for a speedy recovery from the biopsy!

Thanks

Debbie,
    It's Wednesday (at least it still is where I live) and I'm thinking of you. I hope that all went well.
    Hugs,
    Marla

Thanks

It is 6:15am right now, the biopsy is at 9am.
    I want some coffee and I am thirsty.(having a fit).

Debbie

Thanks

Oh my god, you can't have coffee? That would make me a madwoman.