Thread: Nose ulcers?

Thanks

Question Nose ulcers?

How do I know if it's a nose ulcer? What's a normal nose even look like LOL? I very freguently have visible swelling, strange ridges, etc. Touching the inside of my nose (with a tissue of course) is a big no-no for me as it is so sensitive to bleeding. Last night, I glanced up at my nose and noticed the left inside of my nostril was bleeding.. And not from any distinct area, but like it was secreting from one giant area.

Anyways, I heard that most Lupus ulcers typically aren't painful.. So how do you know?
    "Rule number one is, don't sweat the small stuff. Rule number two is, it's all small stuff."
    -Robert Eliot

Dx: Potential Lupus, Diffuse Systemic Sclerosis, Mixed Connective Tissue Disease

Rx: Prednisone 5mg 1x daily, Lyrica 75mg 2x daily, Omeprazole 200mg 1x daily, Xanax .5mg prn

tgal is offline Super Moderator Super ModeratorEmperor of the Solar System
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,741 Times in 1,211 Posts

I can't speak for anyone else but my nose ulcers hurt to the touch. They feel just like my mouth ulcers. The ones that right at the front of my nose hurt the most. When they are further inside they are less painful but do break and will bleed whenesses with
    Mari

Success is not final, failure is not fatal: it is the courage to continue that counts.

~Winston Churchill~

3. The Following User Says Thank You to tgal For This Useful Post:

tripLexie (03-13-2012)

Thanks

My nose ulcers hurt as well, much more than my mouth ulcers.
    Believe me, you will know, if you have one, it hurts to blow your nose and after it is all dry, it hurts to move your nose( you know like a bunny).

Debbie
    I may have been dealt a bad hand, but at least I'm still playing with a full deck. ( most of the time anyway).

5. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to debbie-b For This Useful Post:

bunny28 (03-18-2012), tgal (03-13-2012), tripLexie (03-13-2012)

Thanks

Mine also hurt, alot, my doctor told me to use hydrocortizone 1%. It helped clear them up. You should ask your doctor about it.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to chikititalinda For This Useful Post:

tripLexie (03-13-2012)

Thanks

Mine hurt a lot, too - kind of like when you get a zit really deep down. And they get a clear crust on them that hurts like CRAZY if I accidentally tear it off with a tissue or whatever...makes my eyes water!!!!! Then they ooze clear stuff until another crust forms. It's gross.

Sorry for the yucky detail, LOL...but sometimes you need to know this stuff, right? :-P

Hope that helps....

tgal is offline Super Moderator Super ModeratorEmperor of the Solar System
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,741 Times in 1,211 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by SleepyInSeattle View Post
    Mine hurt a lot, too - kind of like when you get a zit really deep down. And they get a clear crust on them that hurts like CRAZY if I accidentally tear it off with a tissue or whatever...makes my eyes water!!!!! Then they ooze clear stuff until another crust forms. It's gross.

Sorry for the yucky detail, LOL...but sometimes you need to know this stuff, right? :-P

Hope that helps....
    Perfect description !
    Mari

Success is not final, failure is not fatal: it is the courage to continue that counts.

~Winston Churchill~

10. The Following User Says Thank You to tgal For This Useful Post:

SleepyInSeattle (03-13-2012)

Thanks

Completely agree with Previous posters, mine hurt to the touch too.