Thread: Prednisone issues...onto metho....?!...and possible Celiacs

Hybrid View

Thanks

Default Prednisone issues...onto metho....?!...and possible Celiacs

So I've been on plaquenil since 2008 and tried pain meds, Nsaids, etc. Things got worse after my last pregnancy which I delivered in Sept of 2010. I started having Pleurisy issues after that. I've tried to come off the Prednisone a few times now. The first time I had a flare up, the 2nd time I got withdrawals I guess because my adrenals weren't kicking in and I was having adrenal gland "failure" symptoms. Currently I'm on 5.5mg of Pred and due to drop another mg this Tuesday. My rheumy had said if my pain persisted we would try Methotrexate and then in the future if need be we would try Benlysta. So I guess I'm trying to prepare myself for my first "chemo trip" and just wanted to know everyone's experiences/suggestions, etc.

On prednisone I have not gained weight at all in fact i've lost it. I only weigh 97lbs and cannot gain anything. I was told over a year ago that I have IBS and GERD but nothing was every said beyond having IBS. Is there a treatment for it? I recently saw my rheumy and she suggested being tested for Celiacs due to my inability to gain weight despite what I try to do as far as diet etc. I am allergic to soy/barley and many other weeds, grasses, pets, feathers, etc etc. Also allergic to chemicals in sunscreen and highly allergic to black walnut trees. So I am waiting on the lab results for the specific Celiac tests and if they're negative I'm assuming I have allergies to foods and need to avoid them which would put me on a gluten free diet anyway due to the barley allergy. BUT the big dilemma is the soy....literally everything almost is made with soy in it. So what in the heck do I eat???? Anyone with this problem? So bummed out because I look like some drug head and I'm not....don't drink or smoke or anything....Lupus just makes me look bad lol....Help!
    *LadyBug*- Epilepsy Dx: 2003 & UCTD w/SLE features Dx: 2009 SLE/Lupus Dx: May 12th 2011--Current Meds:
    Plaquenil-200mg 2x/day
    Prednisone-7.5mg 1x/day
    Methotrexate- 2.5mg 4 pills 1x/week
    Keppra-750mg 2x/day
    Daily Vitamin-1x/day
    Folic Acid- 1mg 1x/day
    Protonix 40mg 1x/day
    Bentyl- 10mg 4x/day, Miralax- 17g 1x/day
    Vit. D 800IU's 1x/day
    Lyrica- 75mg 1x/day
    Flonase 50mcg 2 sprays each 1x/day

Wanna know my story, just ask!

*Lord_Walters_Lady* <3

Thanks

My complements have also been staying low in my labs I've been getting every 2 months.
    *LadyBug*- Epilepsy Dx: 2003 & UCTD w/SLE features Dx: 2009 SLE/Lupus Dx: May 12th 2011--Current Meds:
    Plaquenil-200mg 2x/day
    Prednisone-7.5mg 1x/day
    Keppra-750mg 2x/day
    Daily Vitamin-1x/day
    Folic Acid- 1mg 1x/day
    Protonix 40mg 1x/day
    Vit. D 800IU's 1x/day
    Lyrica- 75mg 1x/day

*Lord_Walters_Lady* <3

Blog Entries
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,641 Times in 1,127 Posts

there is a couple of new threads regarding mtx.

sorry i cannot help with other diet issues.
    i have ibs, i manage it with a tablet called metrogal.
    talk to your doctor. it is a common medication is australia, but required a perscription.

i hope you sort it out.

Thanks

The only thing I can contribute, is that MTX has really helped me with the pain. Since you have tummy issues, I would ask the rheumy for MTX shots, instead of the pills.
    I don't really have stomach issues, ( I do when a flare starts), but when I took MTX pills, I was nauseated for days and my stomach was cramping. After I switched to the shots, I have no stomach problems with the MTX.

Debbie
    I may have been dealt a bad hand, but at least I'm still playing with a full deck. ( most of the time anyway).

Thanks

Thank you for the advice. I have one question, when it comes to the MTX shots, do they still provide systemic relief verses a localized injection? Thanks again all.

-Lupie Brittanee
    Plaquenil-200mg 2x/day
    Prednisone-7.5mg 1x/day
    Keppra-750mg 2x/day
    Daily Vitamin-1x/day
    Folic Acid- 1mg 1x/day
    Protonix 40mg 1x/day
    Vit. D 800IU's 1x/day
    Lyrica- 75mg 1x/day

*Lord_Walters_Lady* <3

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Mommyof1 View Post
    Thank you for the advice. I have one question, when it comes to the MTX shots, do they still provide systemic relief verses a localized injection? Thanks again all.

-Lupie Brittanee
    I don't really understand your question ( alot of brain fog today).
    I inject the MTX into my thigh, some people prefer the tummy, but I feel relief in my entire body, mostly the joints.
    It took about three months, until I felt better.

Debbie
    I may have been dealt a bad hand, but at least I'm still playing with a full deck. ( most of the time anyway).