Thread: Hello all :-D

Thanks

Talking Hello all :-D

Hi guys,

I just joined this forum and wanted to say a quick hello - I'll make a more detailed post later on.

I'm not sure why i've joined, my health is as good as it has been since I was diagnosed with SLE 14 years ago and i've never sought out this kind of thing before. I guess I was just browsing the web, found this site and thought "why not"?

A little about me, I'm a 33 year old male from Sydney , Australia. I was diagnosed at age 19 which means I've not known life as an adult without Lupus and for better or worse, I would not be the person I am today without it. Maybe i'm not sure where the Lupus ends and I as a person begin if that makes any sense.

During those 14 years I have managed work, study fulltime at University to attain a degree, travel, fall in and out of love a few times and i'm currently working in a fulltime job I love with very understanding employers. Given the nature of this disease and the experience of others with it, I fully appreciate the opportunities I've had so far.

For every day of those 14 years i've had steroids, either IV when i've been hospitalised or orally when i'm not. I've been on a maintenance dose of 5mg Prednisolone for a number of years until recently and in the last month i've been dropping 1mg every week or two with the goal of finally being medication free within the month. The uncertainty of this is a little concerning. Although I might not be alive without this drug, I do despise the affect it has had on my body. I eat well, I walk 6-8kms 5 times a week and I'm still gaining weight. I really hope to lose it once off the drug as my body doesn't feel like my own.

Thanks for taking the time to read this and i'm sure I'll be chatting to you all before long!

Blog Entries
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,617 Times in 1,107 Posts

hi raoul,
    welcome from another aussie male with lupus.
    quite a few of us like to get to know a little about each other.
    one of the easiest ways........ is to write on our profile page.
    on this page, we have the oportunity to tell others what we want them to know about us.
    you can also add pictures if you wish.

pleae read my profile, and i look forward to getting to know you.

again welcome.

Thanks

Hi Steve,

Thanks for the welcome, I'll probably sort my profile out within the next few days.

Talk to you soon!

Stu.

tgal is offline Super Moderator Super ModeratorEmperor of the Solar System
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,741 Times in 1,211 Posts

Hi there!

I just wanted to take a moment to wwelcome you to the WHL family. I am heading to the hospital to visit my daughters mother in law so this is going to be brief but I couldn't let the mornin passs without a hello

Glad you found us and Iook forward to getting to know you!
    Mari

Success is not final, failure is not fatal: it is the courage to continue that counts.

~Winston Churchill~

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by tgal View Post
    but I couldn't let the mornin passs without a hello
    Thanks :-D Hello! Wow, so you're like the big boss around here? Viva la presidenta!
    Last edited by RaoulDuke; 03-10-2012 at 10:12 PM.