Thread: Remedy for SUPER achy hands?

Hybrid View

Thanks

Post Remedy for SUPER achy hands?

I have to write EVERYDAY. I'm an accountant for a very successful oilfield service company that is extremely busy, but somehow... They still feel the need to freakin' handwrite their invoices. My boss is 87 and VERY set in his ways. I still have to type up these invoices in out system, which hardly bothers me at all (doesn't irritate my hands/wrists/fingers or neck, as long as I sit right hehe) but writing the invoices KILLS. I have to crank my neck while writing them. My hand hurts so bad after just a half hour of writing. On bad days (like today), it's nearly impossible to even right one invoice up. And on these days, my handwriting is terrible because I don't have the actual energy to write neatly.

I'm on Celebrex for my joints that consistenly bother me. But I'll get more severe bouts of pain in the ankles, knees, and wrists. The celebrex doesn't help those little attacks. What can I do to better this for myself? I see the doc next week, but I've got over one hundred invoices to write-up before then. PLEASE share your stories of what you do to better this sort of situation.
    "Rule number one is, don't sweat the small stuff. Rule number two is, it's all small stuff."
    -Robert Eliot

Dx: Potential Lupus, Diffuse Systemic Sclerosis, Mixed Connective Tissue Disease

Rx: Prednisone 5mg 1x daily, Lyrica 75mg 2x daily, Omeprazole 200mg 1x daily, Xanax .5mg prn

Blog Entries
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,631 Times in 1,118 Posts

sorry i cannot offer any advice.
    my hand writing is more illegible than my doctors.

but i can offer you my supporting ear, and my shoulder.

Thanks

Lexie,
    I know what you mean - mine are super-achy, too. I'm finding opening jars to be very painful. Even holding my glass while I reach into the ice bin for ice is painful. I'm always worried that I'm going to drop things.
    I don't have any advice for you, since I can't seem to get any relief myself. I've mentioned it to the rheumy. She checks my hands, doesn't find any swelling or nodules, and then dismisses it as "just a little osteoarthritis".
    One thing does help some. I get bi-weekly massages. My masseuse works on the muscles from my shoulders all the way down to my fingers. My hands feel more flexible for hours after that, but by the next morning the stiffness and soreness is back. I wish that I could have a daily massage!
    Hugs,
    Marla

Thanks

Thanks guys! Marla, I'm the ame way. I used to be the one of all my friends who would open that tough pickle jar, now there is no way I can. Also, I've even noticed my elbows bothering me. Lifting very light things like small tables or chairs, where I have to extend my arm, it's a terrible pain. I hate that my hands are going to start to interfere with my job.
    "Rule number one is, don't sweat the small stuff. Rule number two is, it's all small stuff."
    -Robert Eliot

Dx: Potential Lupus, Diffuse Systemic Sclerosis, Mixed Connective Tissue Disease

Rx: Prednisone 5mg 1x daily, Lyrica 75mg 2x daily, Omeprazole 200mg 1x daily, Xanax .5mg prn