Thread: Hospital for Special Surgery in NYC

Thanks

Default Hospital for Special Surgery in NYC

I'm wondering if anyone has experience at the Hospital for Special Surgery in Manhattan. I am in upstate NY and my rheumatologist mentioned that he might refer me there if we can't get my pericarditis under control.

NSAIDs didn't work or high dose steroids, with colchicine and plaquenil as well. The next plan is cellcept, then referral if that doesn't work. I don't have effusion and thankfully my cardiac tests have been fine except for the pericardial rub. It is just that the pain and shortness of breath won't go away!

It looks like the HSS has a large rheumatology department with a lot of lupus studies going on. Let me know if you have anything good or bad to say about them...I would greatly appreciate it!

Thanks

I don't know anything about HSS, but my daughter is a neurobiologist at NYU. I believe that hospital is affiliated with NYU. The university has some incredible research going on there (Heather does some of it). I would definitely trust the doctors at that university.
    Hugs,
    Marla

3. The Following User Says Thank You to magistramarla For This Useful Post:

Chesterwin (03-09-2012)

Thanks

Thanks! I will let you know what happens...it probably won't be for a few months...and maybe I will be getting better by then and not need to go

BTW, I am Heather, too!