Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Going against medical advice

tgal is offline Super Moderator Super ModeratorEmperor of the Solar System
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,743 Times in 1,212 Posts

Hi Ellie,

Lupus is no longer a death sentence as long as we take our meds and do what the doctors say. When we try to go off our meds alone or stop doing what we are told we are placing our bodies in a position of growing inflammation and that is when it can begin to attack our organs and can be potentially life threatening.

I want to share a story with you that will explain why we stand so firmly on taking our meds and speaking out on the dangers of the holistic type medicines. The story is told by our lovely founder, Saysusie, and it is about the daughter that lost her life trying to be "normal". I am not posting this threatening to ban anyone it is the story I want you to read.

http://forum.wehavelupus.com/showthr...anned-From-WHL
    Mari

Success is not final, failure is not fatal: it is the courage to continue that counts.

~Winston Churchill~

2. The Following User Says Thank You to tgal For This Useful Post:

SleepyInSeattle (03-08-2012)

Thanks

Brandy, even tho the horse you train on may be the calmest horse in the world, unfortunately, others who share your riding arena/area are not and therefore can set off a chain of events by spooking other horses. I tell you this from a lifetime of riding. It happens in an instant and there isn't always time to react. Can't tell you what to do since you already have your mind made up, but just be aware, just like when you drive - it's not always you that you have to worry about - it's the others around you.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Manderson For This Useful Post:

SleepyInSeattle (03-08-2012)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Manderson View Post
    Brandy, even tho the horse you train on may be the calmest horse in the world, unfortunately, others who share your riding arena/area are not and therefore can set off a chain of events by spooking other horses. I tell you this from a lifetime of riding. It happens in an instant and there isn't always time to react. Can't tell you what to do since you already have your mind made up, but just be aware, just like when you drive - it's not always you that you have to worry about - it's the others around you.
    Oh I agree, I used to work at Riding for the Disabled, and even though our horses there were selected and trained to be near-comatose, I've watched kids fall off, bucked off and bolted with.

Horse riding is always risky, for me it's just about the exact level of risk and how I can decrease that risk as much as possible without losing out too much.
    Before you diagnose yourself with depression or low self-esteem, first make sure that you are not, in fact, just surrounded by a-holes.

Blog Entries
    Thanks

Now im not going to tell you not to do what your doing because you understand the dangers. I understand why you would because it's your passion and it's hard to give up everything with this disease. I say this because like you im not the best patient in the world, I almost feel sorry for my doctor. I do things im not suppose and will probably keep doing them because all of us need a little fun in our life. Just be careful and listen to your body.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Mica For This Useful Post:

brandywine (03-09-2012)