Thread: Hello From Vermont

Thanks

Default Hello From Vermont

Hello my name Is Diane and i have lupus im currently out of work this week on muscle relaxers and pain med's my muscles have been so sore i cant get out of bed or sleep this is the first time i've missed work for this i also have a completly dead thyroid i feel like i'm falling apart this is new to me and i am getting any and all info i can about lupus so feel free any one to reach out i have a good support group at home and work but really need to talk to others who share this disease thank you for listening

tgal is offline Super Moderator Super ModeratorEmperor of the Solar System
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,741 Times in 1,211 Posts

Hi Diane and welcome to the WHL family. I am so sorry that you are feeling bad. Do the doctors have you on any meds to help with the inflammation? I know it is hard when we see our lives begin to change but hang in there. Hopefully they can find the right mix of meds to get you out of this flare.

We will be here for you if you have any questions or if you just need to vent
    Mari

Success is not final, failure is not fatal: it is the courage to continue that counts.

~Winston Churchill~

Thanks

Hi Diane,

Welcome to WHL.
    It is nice to have you on board.
    I am sorry, that you feels so bad right now. I hope this flare is over soon.
    You are right, it is always good to have fellow lupies to talk to, because they understand.

Debbie
    I may have been dealt a bad hand, but at least I'm still playing with a full deck. ( most of the time anyway).

Thanks

Default Thank you

Quote Originally Posted by debbie-b View Post
    Hi Diane,

Welcome to WHL.
    It is nice to have you on board.
    I am sorry, that you feels so bad right now. I hope this flare is over soon.
    You are right, it is always good to have fellow lupies to talk to, because they understand.

Debbie
    Any info you have to share about your own lupus will be very helpful to me I have a number of symptoms the newest is the joint pain this is new and im thinking that were i work is not helping my condition I think it is making the flares more intense i work on concret floors but i have the greatest job im on levotyroxin for thyroin and moloxicam for inflamation and pain and the newest a muscle relaxer pain meds and a little somthing to help me sleep ive never been on so many meds in my life thank you again for listening Diane
    Last edited by dstacey; 03-06-2012 at 05:27 PM.

Blog Entries
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,616 Times in 1,106 Posts

hi dianne and welcome.

my wife has problems with underactive thyroid.
    and my daughter just had hers removed.

please make sure your thyroid meds are working.
    the effect of thyroids and lupus can be debilitating.
    each one on its own is bad, but combined ........

again welcome.

Thanks

Hi Diane,
    Welcome to WHL. You've come to the right place for support and information. Read through threads that interest you, check out the stickys and then join in on threads and ask questions. There is usually someone hanging around who can answer them.
    Hugs,
    Marla

Thanks

Thank you my doc just uped my dose to 150 from 50 it just died was not working for almost a year
    its just one thing after another your life changes i read in an article that the you should say good buy to your
    old life and the sooner you except this new one the better i am stating to beleve this Diane

Blog Entries
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,616 Times in 1,106 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by dstacey View Post
    Thank you my doc just uped my dose to 150 from 50 ....
    my daughter is on 200 and my wife 150.
    that is normal for them.

Saysusie is offline Super Moderator Super ModeratorEmperor of the Universe
    Blog Entries
    Thanks

Hello and welcome Diane;
    There are several of us here who have Lupus as well as thyroid issues. Like Steve's daughter, I've had my thyroid removed and will have to take replacement therapy for the rest of my life. Thyroid issues in combination with Lupus, as Steve mentioned, can be serious if not treated properly. Then, to add to that, many of us also have other overlapping diseases: I have Lupus, Fibromyalgia, Raynaud's, Thyroid, TMJ, and a few more ......All of these issues occurring at the same time mean that I am on a drug regimen of 16 pills per day! And, that is a small number of pills compared to many people here who suffer from more serious overlapping diseases than I am.
    So, yes, we all have had to find ways to adjust our lives and develop a "new normal" as our previous "normal" no longer works to our benefit. Our new lives are now about taking care of our health, doing all that we can to avoid a flare-up or to cause our symptoms to worsen, and being diligent about our medications and doctors appointments to hopefully maintain and manage our disease.
    As you can see, you are not alone and we are here to help you in any way that we can.

Peace and Blessings
    Namaste
    Saysusie
    Look For The Good and Praise It!

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Saysusie For This Useful Post:

steve.b (03-07-2012)