Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Nick Cannon Has Lupus Like Autoimmine Condition

Thanks

Default Nick Cannon Has Lupus Like Autoimmine Condition

When it broke in the news about Nick Cannon's sudden kidney failure in January and then newly discovered blood clots, I couldn't help but wonder if he has SLE.

According to People Magazine, he has a "Lupus Like Autoimmune Condition." http://m.people.com/newsitem.rbml?item=20575275.

rob is offline Super Moderator Super ModeratorEmperor of the World
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,105 Times in 628 Posts

Don't know who he is, but sorry to hear it. I see he's married to Mariah Carey, must be pretty well known. If it's actaully Lupus, maybe he'd be a good celebrity spokesman?

I found out about a celebrity I am familiar with having Lupus, the singer Toni Braxton. Mom said she was on Dr. Phil yesterday. I didn't know she has Lupus.

Thanks

Nick Cannon hosts America's Got Talent on TV and a couple of radio shows. He and Mariah have twins that are probably a year old, or close to a year old. He's hilarious and does a great job as a TV host.

Thanks

Nick is hilarious and I think he would make a great spokesman-He is one of those celebrities that everyone seems to like.

Blog Entries
    Thanks

N.mac is right. Nick is someone that everybody likes.

rob is offline Super Moderator Super ModeratorEmperor of the World
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,105 Times in 628 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by n.mac View Post
    Nick is hilarious and I think he would make a great spokesman-He is one of those celebrities that everyone seems to like.
    I went and looked up a couple of clips from his stand up comedy routine. There's a part where he talks about hair conditioner...

Nearly spilled my drink laughing!

Thanks

Yeah, he's got some good material. When he's hosted AGR, he plays right along with the, ahem, contestants that aren't so talented and it's a hoot! He would be an excellent spokesperson for Lupus-especially brain fog!

When my bonus daughter told me a couple months ago that he wasn't returning as the host of America's Got Talent, I was serious bummed. I hope this is just a rumor and will be proven wrong.

Thanks

I only know Nick Cannon from seeing him appear on the Rachael Ray show, and I really liked him. He was Rachael's guest while Mariah was pregnant, and asked Rach to teach him how to prepare something that he could serve to his wife in bed. He was sweetly inept in the kitchen, but was very determined to do something nice for his wife.
    He was on the show again soon after his beautiful twins were born, proudly showing off pictures. He seems to be a loving husband and Daddy.
    I hope that his docs help him to quickly find the right combination of meds to bring his AI disease under control.

The Huffington Post had a good article about him and featured a slide show of several celebrities who have AI diseases.
    http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/0...n_1316620.html
    I would like to see all of them speaking out more to bring attention to AI diseases. Elizabeth Hasselbeck seems to be the most outspoken of them. She has helped to make celiac disease and gluten intolerance well-known.
    Hugs,
    Marla

Blog Entries
    Thanks

Unfortunately, Nick, as we all know, is not well. I heard him say on the TV that he was going to cut back on his schedule. He did make it to the superbowl though . He had some kind of commitment there. I was surprised to see that he made it there. It was so soon after he was in the hospital with his kidney failure. He was great on America's Got Talent and played along with the contestants there also. Simon was nasty to him. Always commenting on how crummy his clothes looked. I thought his clothes looked great.. .. One time I saw him kind of get back at Simon though. I guess he had taken enough of his negative comments. I noticed Simon backed off after that. That was just before we all heard about him going into the hospital. Did any of you see the pic with him and Mariah in the hospital bed together? It was a touching photo. You could just tell they were a happy couple.

Thanks

It was reported today on www.KCRA.com that Nick Cannon has Lupus Nephritis (sp?).