Thread: Update on My Stress Test

Blog Entries
    Thanks

Default Update on My Stress Test

Well I had the stress test today. It was stressful for me. I almost fainted and felt strange when they put the needle in me. Almost like a really bad panic attack. I got really pale and clammy. I felt better after they laid me down on the table. I was able to get through the second part of it, the stress part for the heart, by walking on the treadmill. Then they didn't have to put the adenosine in me which chemically stresses the heart. I was thankful that I was able to get through the treadmill part o.k. The X-ray part. or whatever they call it, was really hard on me because I had to put my left hand over my head for twenty minutes two times. It really hurt because I have fibromyalgia and my rhomboid muscle in my back on the left side started spasming. I kept praying to god that I would get through it, so I wouldn't have to do this ordeal all over again. It took all day from 8 in the morning, until 3 this afternoon. I am so glad it is all over. Now I just have to wait for the results to see how much blockage in the heart I have. They had a really hard time getting the IV in me. They finally had to ultrasound my arm to find a good vein and they were commenting on how small my veins and arteries were. The size of a childs. Anyway, it's over now, but it took a lot out of me. Next Thursday, I see my regular Dr., by then I should know something.

Thanks

Sorry to hear it was such an ordeal, but it will be great to have all the information they get from it. Hopefully it will help them give you more effective treatment!!!!

Now relax and enjoy the fact that it's all behind you....

3. The Following User Says Thank You to SleepyInSeattle For This Useful Post:

DrinkofWtr (03-04-2012)

Thanks

DOW,
    Wow, it's good that you have that test behind you. Don't forget to let us know about the results next week.
    Hugs,
    Marla

5. The Following User Says Thank You to magistramarla For This Useful Post:

DrinkofWtr (03-05-2012)