Thread: Recent weight loss causing flare?

Hybrid View

Thanks

Default Recent weight loss causing flare?

I have been in remission for about three years now (no symptoms at all!). I recently lost 47 pounds and since the weight loss I have been experiencing joint pain. I'm having morning stiffness but the pain does not subside throughout the day as I remember it doing in the past (before remission). By the end of the day more joints are effected than when I woke up! I am a preschool teacher and spend most of the day On the floor but I'm having a hard time getting up now! I just find it curious that I started these symptoms after major weight loss... Anyone else have a similar experience?

tgal is offline Super Moderator Super ModeratorEmperor of the Solar System
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,741 Times in 1,211 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by jbr043 View Post
    I have been in remission for about three years now (no symptoms at all!). I recently lost 47 pounds and since the weight loss I have been experiencing joint pain. I'm having morning stiffness but the pain does not subside throughout the day as I remember it doing in the past (before remission). By the end of the day more joints are effected than when I woke up! I am a preschool teacher and spend most of the day On the floor but I'm having a hard time getting up now! I just find it curious that I started these symptoms after major weight loss... Anyone else have a similar experience?
    While I can't say that this is what caused it I will say it could make sense. Any major stress or even changes to the body can turn our immune system on high again. I know it would seem like losing weight would be a great thing (and it is) but you may want to go back to your doctor so the two of you can adjust meds and get you back into that place of remission.

Never a dull moment with the lovely Lupus, is there?
    Mari

Success is not final, failure is not fatal: it is the courage to continue that counts.

~Winston Churchill~