Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Lupus and Medications

tgal is offline Super Moderator Super ModeratorEmperor of the Solar System
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,743 Times in 1,212 Posts

I want to add one other thing for those of you that are unsure of the WHL rules. We do not, in any way, push unproven cures/herbs/medicines at WHL. We believe that doing so gives false hope to those fighting this disease so only medically approved medications are discussed on this site. If you would like to know a bit more please see the post below. We do not have many rules or limits on topics but there is no wiggle room in this one

How to Get Banned From WHL
    Mari

Success is not final, failure is not fatal: it is the courage to continue that counts.

~Winston Churchill~

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by tgal View Post
    Plaquenil is a really good first line drug. It takes several months to completely work so don't expect miracles tomorrow but for most of us it really does help
    i have been takingof 400mg Plaquenil for approx 8 weeks and still havent seen any effect but will continue to take them. i was on prednisone for 12 weeks. it was originally supposed to be 6 weeks but i had an extremely bad relapse when i stopped taking them, apparently my body had become dependant on them. i was with my consultant yesterday and he has put me on Imuran and has advised me to stay on the Prednisone for 12 more weeks but only 5mgs a day to try avoid another relapse. i would take a million tablets a day if i had to just to keep my SLE under control

tgal is offline Super Moderator Super ModeratorEmperor of the Solar System
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,743 Times in 1,212 Posts

Something we all need to know ( in case our doctors don't) is that you can't just STOP the steroids. It will put your body into a tailspin. We must slowly lower the dose over time. Please be careful when stopping any steroid. Make sure to do it slowly or you will have severe problems
    Mari

Success is not final, failure is not fatal: it is the courage to continue that counts.

~Winston Churchill~

4. The Following User Says Thank You to tgal For This Useful Post:

steve.b (03-06-2012)