Thread: Spleeney spleen spleen

Thanks

Unhappy Spleeney spleen spleen

Anyone else having troubles with their spleen and/or liver?

My spleen has more than doubled in size and is giving me grief. Last year it infarcted a few times (lost bits of it's blood supply and died, like in a heart attack) and my liver is also increased in size.

The spleen is pushing on my stomach so I am never hungry, and pushing on my lungs, so taking deep breaths is hard. Between the spleen and liver, I can't bend forward or get into some of my prettier dresses. Grr. I am in the world's biggest grump.

I haven't heard of anyone else having splenic problems with lupus.
    Before you diagnose yourself with depression or low self-esteem, first make sure that you are not, in fact, just surrounded by a-holes.

Thanks

When I color my hair( don't tell anybody), I do it over the bath tub with a hand shower, I have to bend over to rinse my hair, most of the time I can't bend because it hurts like heck and it feels like there is something inside my upper abdomen, that is in the way. The pain is on the left side, as well as on the right side.It feels like somebody is stabbing me.
    I am going to mention it to my rheumy next week.

Debbie
    I may have been dealt a bad hand, but at least I'm still playing with a full deck. ( most of the time anyway).

Saysusie is offline Super Moderator Super ModeratorEmperor of the Universe
    Blog Entries
    Thanks

It is not uncommon for Lupus to cause enlargement of the spleen. It occurs in about 10% of Lupus patients and is known as Secondary Hyperspenism (caused by another conditon). In most cases, treatment of the underlying cause of the enlarged spleen can prevent removal of the spleen. In some cases, the spleen will need to be removed surgically (splenectomy).
    Has your doctor suggested any treatment? If so, what? If not, perhaps you can discuss treatment with him in order to avoid any further problems.

Please keep us posted.

Peace and Blessings
    Namaste
    Saysusie
    Look For The Good and Praise It!

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Saysusie For This Useful Post:

tgal (03-06-2012)