Thread: Anyone ever get this rash?

Hybrid View

Thanks

Question Anyone ever get this rash?

I develop this rash quite frequently. It seems as if I have it more often than I don't have it. It's usually on my elbows and sometime my hands and knuckles. For forever, I assumed it was a ringworm 'outbreak' becuase there are usually several clusters of them. But now that I've started paying closer attention to them, they are much patchier and swollen and VERY unnattractive LOL! They never respond to normal ringworm treatment. I usually won't waste thre trip to the PCP and I let them resolve on their own.

But, since my recent diagnosis of Lupus/System Sclerosis or Scleroderma.. Or possibly even MCTD, I don't know if I should make an appt. with the doc or not. I have an appt. around the 2nd week of March, can I wait? The rheumy is supposed to be calling me to make an appt., not sure sure when that will be.

Anyways, take a quick look. Anyone recognize this? Ever had it? It's not too itchy, if it is, it's usually the ones of my hands, but it is painful to touch. I have a bad habit of supporting myself on my elbows and I DEF. cannot do this now with these little boogers.

elbb2.jpg

elb.jpg
    "Rule number one is, don't sweat the small stuff. Rule number two is, it's all small stuff."
    -Robert Eliot

Dx: Potential Lupus, Diffuse Systemic Sclerosis, Mixed Connective Tissue Disease

Rx: Prednisone 5mg 1x daily, Lyrica 75mg 2x daily, Omeprazole 200mg 1x daily, Xanax .5mg prn

Thanks

Yes I do. There doesn't seem to be a rhyme or reason to where it appears ,and it always seems to be in the same areas.
    Sun exposure seems to trigger these spots but where they appear is not necessarily where the sun shone,although usually on hands arms and shoulder but occasionally on neck or temple area.

Thanks

What do I do for it? It's now starting on my knuckles.. And possibly my knees too. It's so ugly.
    "Rule number one is, don't sweat the small stuff. Rule number two is, it's all small stuff."
    -Robert Eliot

Dx: Potential Lupus, Diffuse Systemic Sclerosis, Mixed Connective Tissue Disease

Rx: Prednisone 5mg 1x daily, Lyrica 75mg 2x daily, Omeprazole 200mg 1x daily, Xanax .5mg prn

Thanks

When I complained of these flaky little sores (that were always worse during hot weather), my rheumy in Texas immediately started checking my scalp, too. She found the usual scalp sores that I've battled since I was a teen, and proclaimed that I have psoriasis.
    I've found that Plaquenil keeps the sores to a minimum, and Denorex helps the scalp. All of my rashes disappeared when I was taking MTX.
    Hugs,
    Marla

5. The Following User Says Thank You to magistramarla For This Useful Post:

tripLexie (02-29-2012)

Thanks

Hi Lexie,
    I have had elbow problems for about a year. I had repeated bouts of Bursitis in one elbow and had a cortisone shot at my last Rheumatologist appointment. Since then I have had repeated rashes on the elbow. It does not itch but it hurts to just touch the skin. Sometimes it feels dry and other times its firey red. It has had times where it has been all cracked and at one point had bumps that formed little scabs but now it just seems to get red and warm and it hurts all the time.

It wakes me at night if I touch it on the bed. I can't even wear a lined jacket unless I have a sleeve over that arm or it rubs and I'm miserable. I work on a computer all day and rest my elbows on the desk but its not an irritation type of rash. I don't know what it is but I have had continual problems with swelling and infection and inflammation in the elbow for along time and it seems to have settled into this red rash similar to yours. I even wondered if it could be shingles because it is so painful to touch. I'd love to know if you get to the bottom of it. Good luck!

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Terese For This Useful Post:

tripLexie (02-29-2012)

Thanks

Terese, what you describe is exactly me.

Marla, I have little scabs all over my scalp. I am constantly scanning my head with my hands and find new ones. It's pretty gross.
    -Robert Eliot