Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Terrible Brain Fog This Morning

Blog Entries
    Thanks

Default Terrible Brain Fog This Morning

I had the worst case of brain fog this morning that I have ever had. First, I thought I lost my purse when shopping for a new printer. Then, if that wasn't bad enough, I thought I lost my rent money for the month. I thought I either left it in my purse that I thought I left somewhere, or that someone broke into my house and stole it. Luckily, neither thing happened, but it really scared me because I must have blanked out for awhile. Anyway, my boyfriend doesn't have any patience with me anymore, and he is handling a lot of stress in his life too, so I can't much blame him. I knew my fellow lupus friends would understand how I feel. Sometimes this brain fog can be funny, but other times, when it is really serious stuff, it's terrible. I just had to let you guys know how I felt.

Blog Entries
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,616 Times in 1,106 Posts

getting the frustration off of your chest helps.

we all have unfortunatelly been there.
    that is why we encourage it.

i am sorry you had the fog.
    but i am glad it is all sorted now.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to steve.b For This Useful Post:

DrinkofWtr (02-26-2012)

Thanks

we all no the feeling and how stressed it can make you i am happy things worked out.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to kim,l For This Useful Post:

DrinkofWtr (02-26-2012)

Thanks

DOW,
    Yes, I know the feeling very well. I sometimes can't remember what I stepped to the pantry to get, so I go back to my cooking and then realize what I needed from the pantry. I solved the purse problem by using a fanny pack for a purse. That way, it's always attached to me, so I can't leave it somewhere.
    I'm glad you found your purse and your money.
    Hugs,
    Marla

7. The Following User Says Thank You to magistramarla For This Useful Post:

DrinkofWtr (02-28-2012)

Blog Entries
    Thanks

I have never lost my purse but before I leave anywhere I have a mental check list...is my wallet in my purse, do I have my purse, where are my keys, did I remember all my purchases, wheres my car. Like that oh and I had a horrible problem of locking myself out of my car so before I leave the my car I make sure I either have my keys in my hands or put it them in my purse and I don't lock the car anymore until I double check where are my keys are.

Blog Entries
    Thanks

Mica, I like your idea about a checklist and I am going to try it, but a mental one won't work for me because my brain fog can be so bad at times. I will try a written checklist. Thanks for your idea.

Blog Entries
    Thanks

Mica. A locksmith once made me an extra door key and made me lace it into my shoe. Now I don't lock myself out of the car as long as I have my key shoes on. Otherwise my keys has to be I. My hand

rob is offline Super Moderator Super ModeratorEmperor of the World
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,105 Times in 628 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Nonna View Post
    Mica. A locksmith once made me an extra door key and made me lace it into my shoe. Now I don't lock myself out of the car as long as I have my key shoes on. Otherwise my keys has to be I. My hand
    I have an extra key for my house, and an extra key for my truck in a pocket in my wallet. As forgetful as I can be, I never forget my wallet. In the same pocket I have a card with important phone numbers written on it, and a calling card I can use at any payphone if/when I get lost (cellphones don't work very well here). I know the area I live in like the back of my hand, yet I've gotten lost on my way home from the grocery store a couple of times now. The keys, numbers, and calling card are a sort of brainfog survival kit I guess.
    Last edited by rob; 02-28-2012 at 09:11 PM.

tgal is offline Super Moderator Super ModeratorEmperor of the Solar System
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,741 Times in 1,211 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by rob View Post
    I have an extra key for my house, and an extra key for my truck in a pocket in my wallet. As forgetful as I can be, I never forget my wallet. In the same pocket I have a card with important phone numbers written on it, and a calling card I can use at any payphone if/when I get lost (cellphones don't work very well here). I know the area I live in like the back of my hand, yet I've gotten lost on my way home from the grocery store a couple of times now. The keys, numbers, and calling card are a sort of brainfog survival kit I guess.
    I have gotten lost in my house. It is a two bedroom 1 bath. Yes. I was lost. I guess that may be the reason I am not really supposed to drive anymore eh? LOL
    Mari

Success is not final, failure is not fatal: it is the courage to continue that counts.

~Winston Churchill~

rob is offline Super Moderator Super ModeratorEmperor of the World
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,105 Times in 628 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by tgal View Post
    I have gotten lost in my house. It is a two bedroom 1 bath. Yes. I was lost. I guess that may be the reason I am not really supposed to drive anymore eh? LOL
    I've not gotten lost in my house yet, but sometimes I do find myself standing in a particular room wondering what in the hell I came to the room for in the first place.

Frakking brainfog.