Thread: Miserable, rotten cold

Thanks

Default Miserable, rotten cold

Hi Friends,
    I haven't been around too often lately because I've had a miserable cold. I don't get sick very often (thanks to my overactive immune system, I think), so this thing has really hit me. I've been sitting at a table in Herrmann Hall to sell tickets for our Wine & Beer Tasting/Auction, so I probably picked up the cold there. I was out on the couch with a sinus headache that turned into a migraine on Wednesday. I couldn't stand to look at the computer screen or even the TV that day. Today I'm at the point where the sinuses ache and the eyes and nose are running, so I'm not a happy person.
    Thanks for reading my whine! I hope that I'm better by next week - lots of work to do to be ready for the big event on March 3.
    Hugs,
    Marla

Blog Entries
    Thanks

I know how you feel Marla, I've 2 bad colds in just 4 months, and I'm hoping there won't be any more for a while!

Take care and feel better soon.
    "With gentle hands and the heart of a fighter, I am a survivor!" - Reba McEntire

Blog Entries
    Thanks

Sorry you're not feeling well. I hope you get better soon. I don't know if this happens to you, but when I have the most to do and have deadlines to do it, then that's when I get really ill.

Thanks

I hope that you get rid of this nasty cold soon.
    Everybody at work is sick, so it is just a matter of time, when I get it. I know it is coming my way.
    Feel better, friend.

Debbie
    I may have been dealt a bad hand, but at least I'm still playing with a full deck. ( most of the time anyway).

Thanks

It wouldn't have been nearly so bad, except for the fact that I recently had my botox shot for the Spasmodic Dysphonia. That meant that my vocal cords and things around them were paralyzed by the botox just when I got that awful build-up of "gunk" from the cold. I couldn't cough it up, so it was trying to settle into my lungs. Jeff got me some Mucinex, and that did the trick.
    It's been a week, and I finally seem to be over it. It's set back my recovery from the botox shot, so my voice is still really weak, though.
    All of these AI issues are such a pain!
    Hugs,
    Marla

Blog Entries
    Thanks

I hope you get better soon!! All my friends make fun of me for this and my sister but I am always hyper aware of things I touch and if people around me are sick. I always carry disinfectant wipes and have a stock of disinfectant spray. If any of my friends are even remotely sick I wont be around them and I kind of pressure them a bit to get their flu shots. Most don't care but I can't help it because for us lupus people getting the cold is harder on us than a regular person. Also, people find this rude but if I notice my checker at a store is sick I have to ask them either to put on gloves or I will go to another line.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Mica View Post
    I hope you get better soon!! All my friends make fun of me for this and my sister but I am always hyper aware of things I touch and if people around me are sick. I always carry disinfectant wipes and have a stock of disinfectant spray. If any of my friends are even remotely sick I wont be around them and I kind of pressure them a bit to get their flu shots. Most don't care but I can't help it because for us lupus people getting the cold is harder on us than a regular person. Also, people find this rude but if I notice my checker at a store is sick I have to ask them either to put on gloves or I will go to another line.
    Wouldn't it be better, if you wore gloves? Because the worst things you can touch is money, shopping kart and the key board for the debit machine.

Debbie
    I may have been dealt a bad hand, but at least I'm still playing with a full deck. ( most of the time anyway).

tgal is offline Super Moderator Super ModeratorEmperor of the Solar System
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,742 Times in 1,211 Posts

Miss you Marla!
    Mari

Success is not final, failure is not fatal: it is the courage to continue that counts.

~Winston Churchill~

Thanks

Oooooh Mucinex is my FRIEND!!!! L O L..... love that stuff!!!!

I have been so dang sick this winter - I feel your pain! I dunno what it is - usually I am not somebody who gets sick more than once or twice a winter. It is really frustrating.

I think that people who have to deal with Lupus should be "excused" from participating in the Common Cold and the Flu!!!! :-p

Hope you feel better soon.....