Thread: Bradycardia

Thanks

Default Bradycardia

Who would have thought Bradycardia had anything to do with Lupus, not that anyone who has Lupus will have it or vice versa. I have known for eons I have Bradycardia...almost 30 years. While in the military I had to undergo pilots physical in order to remain qualified as an air traffic controller. They would always say I am so athletic because of my low pulse rate during an EKG, and I would say not really..that is when I first found out I have it. Since then, EKGs have read 'bradycardia otherwise normal'. the other day, while having a severe panic anxiety attack from my own thoughts, but also a serious side effect from Viibyrd, tremors during a DR appointment they thought I was having a heart attack as heart disease runs at an early age in my gene pool. Sister had a heart attack at 46, brother STENTS installed at 50..Mom and Dad heart bypass before 55. The nurse ran and got the EKG unit...'bradycardia otherwise normal. Recommended though, to start seeing a cardiologist regarding my family history,k age and having lupus.

To sum it up, I researched bradycardia when I came home...and I was surprised it said, inflammatory diseases such as Lupus and RA can cause bradycardia..who knew. Still learning about Lupus

BTW, I am still in love with Jack...BOING....like a furry ball. Sweetness and goodness..
    Last edited by Oluwa; 02-24-2012 at 12:00 PM.
    I have Lupus. So *^#@! what.

Thanks

Hi Oluwa,

Make sure you get that checked.
    I have Trachycardia,( I think that is what it is called), fast heartbeat, from Mitral Valve Prolapse. I wonder if that is Lupus related, as well.
    I am glad that you are still in love with your little Jack.

Debbie
    I may have been dealt a bad hand, but at least I'm still playing with a full deck. ( most of the time anyway).

Thanks

Oluwa,
    I'm glad that you have a doc who is on the ball and is getting this checked. It would be interesting to me to know if there has been any research about this - does a faster or slower heartbeat indicate inflammation from an AI disease, or does the inflammation lead to the altered heartbeat? I wonder if this research has been done? SaySusie will probably know where to look.
    I'm glad that Jack is doing great for you. Having our fur babies is supposed to be good for our hearts, so he's a life-saver for you.
    Hugs,
    Marla

Blog Entries
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,633 Times in 1,120 Posts

i am happy you are happy.

having jack sounds good for you.

i saw "Bradycardia", and my little demented mind had fun with the word. lol
    brandy - carter and all other forms of word play.
    unfortunatelly the real thing is not as entertaining.
    i hope your doctor can sort things out.

Thanks

Thank you everyone for reading me, writing to me and your support...

You know I read another article that said we are not born with bradycardia per se, it is acquired, developed, evolves...oh gee, I forgot the term they used. Who am I...

Hugs and Love....
    I have Lupus. So *^#@! what.