Thread: I'm not crazy after all!

Thanks

Red face I'm not crazy after all!

As hard as it is to process the news of a chronic disease, I am so relieved.

I'm not crazy after all!

It's been hard dealing with sypmtoms for the past 10 years with no answers. It was also hard dealing with a parent who was in complete denial of any sort of illness. I literally began to question my sanity and started to think, "Is this really all in your head?". I mean, even some doctors started using that excuse. I started to think that I must of some sort of mental problem and over the course of a decade I created this crazy idea that I was 'sick'.

But my gut was right. Blood tests are coinciding with symptoms, and these things I'm feeling ARE real. And while this is all scary, and somewhat new (I've kept up on my research on Lupus for years), I am so relieved. And even though my diagnosis is still a little questionable (SLE, systemic sclerosis, MCTD..?) at least we know it's SOMETHING auto-immune.

Sorry for the un-informative post, I'm just SO ready to start this treatment process. While it may become a long and winding road filled with all sorts of speed bumps, at least I've began the journey.
    "Rule number one is, don't sweat the small stuff. Rule number two is, it's all small stuff."
    -Robert Eliot

Dx: Potential Lupus, Diffuse Systemic Sclerosis, Mixed Connective Tissue Disease

Rx: Prednisone 5mg 1x daily, Lyrica 75mg 2x daily, Omeprazole 200mg 1x daily, Xanax .5mg prn

Thanks

Only another Lupie could understand what you are feeling.
    None of us wanted to be sick, especially not with an horrible disease like Lupus, but we wanted to know and get treatment. And be believed by friends, family and doctors. It is not a good feeling to think everyone looks at you, thinking that you are a hypochondriac.
    For that reason, I am glad that you have a diagnosis, but I am sorry that you have the disease.

Debbie
    I may have been dealt a bad hand, but at least I'm still playing with a full deck. ( most of the time anyway).

3. The Following User Says Thank You to debbie-b For This Useful Post:

tripLexie (02-24-2012)

Blog Entries
    Thanks

I was told I was a hypochondriac for so many years, like so many others here on this sight. It was such a relief to get a diagnosis, even an informal one. Now you can go on with your life and live it the best you can.

Thanks

Hi Lexie,
    Yup, sounds familiar. My dx is MCTD, too. It basically means that we have an overlap of several AI diseases. Luckily, they are all treated pretty much the same way, so at least this gives you a path for starting some treatment.
    Hugs,
    Marla

Blog Entries
    Thanks

Well luckily with a lot of those AI diseases use the same medication. So even if the exact diagnosis might not come for awhile at least you will start to get better.

Blog Entries
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,611 Times in 1,103 Posts

your thread title said it all.

the relief of knowing!!!!!!!!

as my avatar says
    i am not a complete idiot
    parts of me are missing.

only a lupie can understand your feeling.

i'm lupie

Thanks

All I can say is "Takes one to know one!"

Welcome to the lupie club.