Thread: Update on my mother

Blog Entries
    Thanks

Default Update on my mother

My mother was released from the hospital yesterday. They had to take her to a skilled nursing facility. I knew this was coming, so I wasn't surprised. So all her things, what she can take, have to be moved. This is only a temporary move for her, as my brother is going to move her to a skilled nursing home in Orange County where he lives within the next month, if possible. It's probably best for her because I don't get to see her very often, lack of gas money and with the gas continuing to go up who knows where the price per gallon will stop.

Thanks

Glad your mom is out of the hospital but I know moving her to a skilled nursing facility can be hard. I have had to move in with my mother but I realize I may not be able to continue to care for her here and we may be looking at that choice too.

Keep us posted.

Melanie

3. The Following User Says Thank You to mdawncooper For This Useful Post:

DrinkofWtr (02-24-2012)

Thanks

i know how hard it can be my grandmother had parkinsons for 6 years before she passed away and the hardest decision we ever made was to place her in nursing home we just could no longer cope it was heartbreaking but the right decision she got the care she needed and was surrounded by people her own age. take care of yourself sometimes we make hard choices but in the long run we accept they were for the best for you and for your mum. hugs kim

5. The Following User Says Thank You to kim,l For This Useful Post:

DrinkofWtr (02-24-2012)

Thanks

The important thing is, that she will be taken care of.
    I am glad that she was released from the hospital, that means that she is doing better.
    Thinking about you.

Debbie
    I may have been dealt a bad hand, but at least I'm still playing with a full deck. ( most of the time anyway).

7. The Following User Says Thank You to debbie-b For This Useful Post:

DrinkofWtr (02-24-2012)

Thanks

DOW,
    I'm just now catching up on the two threads about your Mom. I'm glad that she's been released from the hospital - falls can be really dangerous at her age. Your brother's solution sounds like it will be best for her health and for yours. It will make it more difficult for you to see her, but he will probably be more capable of checking in on her often and advocating for her. Now, you can concentrate on your health and on feeling well enough to go visit her whenever you can.
    Can you take the train down to Orange Co. once in a while?
    Hugs,
    Marla

Blog Entries
    Thanks

I am sure I can work something out. I have a car and could even drive myself. Don't think I would take the train though.