Thread: Leg Pain

Thanks

Default Leg Pain

First of all let me introduce myself. My name is Deanne and I have just recently been diagnosed with Lupus. I was very lucky to find a Dr. that recognized my symptoms and ran the appropriate blood work and sent me straight to a rheumatologist. I was started on Prednisone and Plaquenil. One of the main reasons I went to the Dr. in the first place was severe leg aches. The only way I know to describe it is it feels like the flu only worse. I've seen my rheumatologist twice since starting my medications, and I can say the "lupus" rash is better, fatigue is better and joint pain is better, not perfect but I'm not looking for miracles, however the leg pain is not.

So does any one else have problems with severe leg or other aches like this?

Thanks

I have them but they come and go. So yes I think it is possible. Have you told your drs about it? {{HUG}} Welcome aboard, so sorry you have Lupus tho. Have you tried soaking in a tub of hot water? I have to prop my legs up to sleep on pillows every night, it's the only thing I have really found that relieves them, especially when they are hurting super bad.

Thanks

My problems started with leg pains too. I can completely sympathize. I do the pillow thing at night too. My husband is also great at massages and that seems to help me relax, but not necessarily dispense the pain all together. Try elevating your legs during the day as much as possible - sometimes swelling causes the pain/pressure. Good luck.

Thanks

The leg pains come and go for me too. My knees also give me alot of grief. I think some of it comes from the Raynaud's and arthritis, but it all leads back to the lupus. Hot baths seem to help me. As soon as I can in the evening, I get in a really hot bath and soak for 15-20 minutes. It helps get the blood flowing and reduces the pain. I tried Lyrica, but it caused me to hallucinate. I am now on Naproxen 1000mg and it is helping. Some days are better than others. Keep trying different things and you hopefully you will find a happy medium. Good luck and tomorrow will be a better day!!!!!!!
    Angela
    Angela Sears

Thanks

I've had leg pain....started noticing it when I would walk or go upstairs a few times...when I would get off it...the pain would go away...then I noticed that my distance of walking got shorter and shorter...and when I would get off of my legs ... the pain was still there..my lupus dr. was no help....didn't know what the cause was....I couldn't stand it anymore and went to my medical dr. - who listened for pulses in my legs.....I have no pulse behind my left knee and a very faint pulse by ankle...I was diagonsed with P.A.D...I was then sent for a doppler test which showed plaque in both legs and I have blockage in my illiac artery in stomach...which I will have to get a stent put in......all I can say is that...if u have any symptoms like I had ......PLEASE LOOK INTO IT ..MORE CLOSELY..........
    Wish u well...........