Thread: Hi I'm Jennifer and I have just had a positive ANA test & need help

Thanks

Question Hi I'm Jennifer and I have just had a positive ANA test & need help

Hi! I've read up on the ANA positive and all the possibles, but I did get one very specific thing from the nurse - my Sjorgen's Syndrome marker (titer, not really sure) is 4.9 and she said that the norm is 0-0.9. She didn't know how to read the test to give me a specific ANA titer, but said this Sjorgen's number was the red flag for my doctor. The tests have been sent to a rheumotologist who's gonna look at them and schedule an appointment with me - but this might take awhile. I guess my question is what does the Sjorgen's number mean?

Help would be much appreciated,
    Jennifer

Thanks

Hi Jennifer,

Welcome to WHL.
    I can't tell you what that Sjoegrens number means, but Marla, another member knows alot about Sjoegrens, I am sure she'll be here soon, to give you an answer.
    I just wanted to say HI.

Debbie
    I may have been dealt a bad hand, but at least I'm still playing with a full deck. ( most of the time anyway).

Blog Entries
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,641 Times in 1,127 Posts

welcome jennifer,
    i also do not know enough to comment on sjoegrens.

but i did want to welcome you here.

Thanks

Welcome to WHL!

I was diagnosed with Lupus and Sjogren's Syndrome (SjS) in 2008. I was dx'ed with a positive ANA and a positive lip biopsy. As a result of SjS, i have dry eyes, dry mouth, Gastroparesis, GERD, joint pain, brain fog and fatigue. Keep in mind that the joint pain, brain fog, and fatigue could also be from SLE. I have secondary SjS, meaning it's secondary to SLE.

There is a very informative forum called Sjogren's World that can answer many of your questions-just google it.
    Last edited by BonusMom; 02-21-2012 at 11:21 PM.