Thread: New to forum

Thanks

Question New to forum

Hi, my name is melinda I have been to several Dr's over the last 3 yrs finally after bein told its in my head to no diag I finally got you have lupus! I find myself changing all the time from one symptom than I will get others and sometimes all of them hit me! I asked my Dr if he felt there was something else we haven't discovered in Sept I had to go to ER found my potassium was low have any of you experiencd low potassium? There are times I feel very disorentated weak I drink orange juice in case it is my potassium acting up and after rest I feel some what better! I also get a vibration in my legs feels like my cell phone on vibration but it isn't phone! Do any of you have this feeling?

My Dr. Said it nothing to worry about.

Glad to find you all I have a terrific supporting family but I feel they just can't grasp what I go thru on a daily basis and will be nice to talk to you all who understand.

Thanks

Hi Melinda,

Welcome to WHL.
    I am glad, that you have found us.
    New or changing symptoms are quite normal, every time I think, I have had a real weird symptom, another, even weirder one appears.
    I know about vibrating, buzzing feelings in the leg and foot. It can drive you crazy, but I guess it is normal, that is what my rheumy tells me.
    Having low vitamin B, C, D, low potassium, low this, low that, is also normal.
    Are you on any meds?

Debbie
    I may have been dealt a bad hand, but at least I'm still playing with a full deck. ( most of the time anyway).

Blog Entries
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,641 Times in 1,127 Posts

hi linny,
    welcome to the best support network i have found.
    people here have the same issues you are facing, that is why this place exists.

i like to call it, my cyber family.

Saysusie is offline Super Moderator Super ModeratorEmperor of the Universe
    Blog Entries
    Thanks

Hi Linny; Welcome to our family. I am so glad that you joined us, but sad that you are a Lupus sufferer. Sadly, I have to say that all of the symptoms you've described are quite common to those of us with Lupus (not all of us have all of them, but all of them are common to the disease). The extreme fatigue, the low potassium, and the vibrations in the extremeties..so you are not alone in any of these areas.
    Please stay for a while, read through the forums - especially the stickys at the top of each forum, you will find that these hold valuable information and may answer many of your questions. Also, this is a global family..so you will find that there is always someone here when you need to talk or to ask questions. We are all here to help you in any way that we can. So, again....welcome!

Peace and Blessings
    Namaste
    Saysusie
    Look For The Good and Praise It!