Thread: Hoping for a change!

Thanks

Default Hoping for a change!

Hi my name is Cheryl and I live in the beautiful state of Colorado. Last summer I was diagnosed with "possible" lupus. My blood work was positive (ana and anti dna) but I didn't have enough symptoms for a definitive diagnosis. Later however when searching through the internet I found that the minocline I had been on for eight years (for rosacea) can cause drug induced lupus. I quit taking it in October. I'm still hoping that I'll feel better soon and that has been causing my lupus symptoms. Has anyone had something similar. I don't feel any different yet...the plaquinal helps as does the Sam-E...Any suggestions? Thanks Cheryl

tgal is offline Super Moderator Super ModeratorEmperor of the Solar System
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,742 Times in 1,211 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by cheryl g View Post
    Hi my name is Cheryl and I live in the beautiful state of Colorado. Last summer I was diagnosed with "possible" lupus. My blood work was positive (ana and anti dna) but I didn't have enough symptoms for a definitive diagnosis. Later however when searching through the internet I found that the minocline I had been on for eight years (for rosacea) can cause drug induced lupus. I quit taking it in October. I'm still hoping that I'll feel better soon and that has been causing my lupus symptoms. Has anyone had something similar. I don't feel any different yet...the plaquinal helps as does the Sam-E...Any suggestions? Thanks Cheryl
    Hi and welcome to WHL. We are really glad to have you with us and I am glad the plaquenil is helping. I am also glad that you found the Sam-E helpful but I caution all other members to talk to their doctors before adding any medication, even over the counter ones. Not only can they cause issues with our body, they can conflict with our meds.

Keep us posted about your situation! Hope you get to feeling better!
    Mari

Success is not final, failure is not fatal: it is the courage to continue that counts.

~Winston Churchill~

Blog Entries
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,641 Times in 1,127 Posts

hi cheryl,

welcome.
    sorry i cannot offer advice, but i did want to say hi

hi