Thread: recently diagnosed with Lupus from Australia

Thanks

Default recently diagnosed with Lupus from Australia

Hey All. I am an activist for marriage equality in Melbourne, Australia. I was also a photographer before I got too sick and my arms got too sore to hold the camera long enough at work. I came accross this website by googling lupus + body feels like lead.because that is how I feel today.
    I am on the public health care system and have to wait once every 2 months to see the rheumatologist so it is difficult to walt that long to ask questions about new symptoms and how to treat them. It's very frustrating. I found reading the threads about symptoms very useful. I so far have not been given any medications because I am having a series of more tests and he is going to give me medication options in April. In the mean time I've been told to pace myself and not use up all of my energy at once.

Blog Entries
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,633 Times in 1,120 Posts

hi ali and welcome.
    i am on the other side of our great land.
    there are quite a few other aussies who are members here.

fatigue is a big problem for many of us.

quite a few of us write our personal information on our profile page.
    this is a way we can let others know what we want them to know about ourselves.
    please read mine and consider writing something about yourself.

again welcome

3. The Following User Says Thank You to steve.b For This Useful Post:

tgal (02-20-2012)

Thanks

Hi and Welcome, It can certainly be scary to be waiting, but hang in there. Get lots of rest when you can. I started taking S***E recently and it seems to help. Plaquenil has been good as well. You are not alone. Cheryl
    Last edited by rob; 02-20-2012 at 08:56 PM.

tgal is offline Super Moderator Super ModeratorEmperor of the Solar System
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,742 Times in 1,211 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by cheryl g View Post
    Hi and Welcome, It can certainly be scary to be waiting, but hang in there. Get lots of rest when you can. I started taking Sam-E recently and it seems to help. Plaquenil has been good as well. You are not alone. Cheryl
    Please note that Plaquenil is the only medically proven medicine of the two mentioned. It takes several months to start working but please talk to your doctor about starting on it as soon as you can.
    Mari

Success is not final, failure is not fatal: it is the courage to continue that counts.

~Winston Churchill~

rob is offline Super Moderator Super ModeratorEmperor of the World
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,105 Times in 628 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by cheryl g View Post
    Hi and Welcome, It can certainly be scary to be waiting, but hang in there. Get lots of rest when you can. I started taking Sam-E recently and it seems to help. Plaquenil has been good as well. You are not alone. Cheryl
    WHL has a strict policy in regards to advocating so-called "natural treatments" such as Sam-E. It is not allowed here. The reasons for this policy are explained here-

http://forum.wehavelupus.com/showthr...anned-From-WHL

Thank you,

Rob
    Last edited by rob; 02-20-2012 at 10:30 PM.