Thread: Going CRAZY waiting on blood work

Thanks

Post Going CRAZY waiting on blood work

SOMEONE PLEASE HELP ME TAKE MY MIND OFF THE RESULTS!!!!

I am going nuts waiting to hear back from the doctor. I was screened for RA (dx w/ JRA 10 years ago) and also screened for SLE.

I got the blood work done on Wednesday (Feb. 15) and I called Thursday and Friday afternoon. Last I spoke with them, SOME results were back but not ALL so they would probably contact me Monday. This is miserable! I'm trying soooo hard to wait until 4 PM today to call so I don't have to call more than once in a day..

I guess ANY diagnosis or ANY answers is what I want. I don't care what it is, as long as I can start addressing everything. It's making such a negative impact on my life and I feel like I'm doing nothing but regressing. I just want to do my part to take care of everything.

(PS, I KNOW that 3 days is NOT that long, but these results have been a long time coming.. Try 10+ years.)
    "Rule number one is, don't sweat the small stuff. Rule number two is, it's all small stuff."
    -Robert Eliot

Dx: Potential Lupus, Diffuse Systemic Sclerosis, Mixed Connective Tissue Disease

Rx: Prednisone 5mg 1x daily, Lyrica 75mg 2x daily, Omeprazole 200mg 1x daily, Xanax .5mg prn

tgal is offline Super Moderator Super ModeratorEmperor of the Solar System
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,743 Times in 1,212 Posts

I know this is a difficult time but some of these tests take a couple of weeks to come back. Try to stay calm (easier said then done). Just know we will be here for you until they come in
    Mari

Success is not final, failure is not fatal: it is the courage to continue that counts.

~Winston Churchill~