Thread: My Mom is in the Hospital

Blog Entries
    Thanks

Default My Mom is in the Hospital

My mother is in the hospital. She fell at the home where she lives and hit her head on her dining table. She had to have stitches. She has been in the hospital for five days now. I am not sure how much longer they will keep her there. She is 92.

tgal is offline Super Moderator Super ModeratorEmperor of the Solar System
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,740 Times in 1,211 Posts

Oh I am so sorry. I will keep you and your family in my thoughts. Please keep us posted
    Mari

Success is not final, failure is not fatal: it is the courage to continue that counts.

~Winston Churchill~

3. The Following User Says Thank You to tgal For This Useful Post:

DrinkofWtr (02-21-2012)

Blog Entries
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,610 Times in 1,102 Posts

wishing her well.
    i know it was hard on me when my grandparents were falling all the time.
    please try not to worry too much.
    i hope the hospital make her stay comfortable.

Saysusie is offline Super Moderator Super ModeratorEmperor of the Universe
    Blog Entries
    Thanks

I am so sorry to hear about your mother and I hope that she will recover. Did she sustain a serious head injury? I will keep you both in my prayers.

Peace and Blessings
    Namaste
    Saysusie
    Look For The Good and Praise It!

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Saysusie For This Useful Post:

DrinkofWtr (02-21-2012)

Blog Entries
    Thanks

Steve, They messed up with her because when I went to see her, she told me that they dropped here down into the bed from a high height once. Also, they had her sitting on a chair, restrained, with only a diaper on. No gown, blanket, or anything. Needless to say I was pretty upset. I made a complaint about their patient care to the nursing administrator. I would say her treatment bordered on mistreatment and possibly neglect. I told them if I got any more complaints from my mother, I would call the police and contact a lawyer.

Blog Entries
    Thanks

SaySusie, I am not sure how bad her head injury is. I haven't been able to get ahold of the Dr. yet. I was told she didn't have a concussion, but I didn't hear this from the Dr. or nurse.

Blog Entries
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by DrinkofWtr View Post
    Steve, They messed up with her because when I went to see her, she told me that they dropped here down into the bed from a high height once. Also, they had her sitting on a chair, restrained, with only a diaper on. No gown, blanket, or anything. Needless to say I was pretty upset. I made a complaint about their patient care to the nursing administrator. I would say her treatment bordered on mistreatment and possibly neglect. I told them if I got any more complaints from my mother, I would call the police and contact a lawyer.
    WHAT!?
    I walk a 90 year old mans dog who also lives in a senior home, and it is a very nice place where they all get treated very well. What you said about how she has been treated is absolutely unreal...I am horrified. I can't believe some places do these kinds of things, seniors have the same rights as younger people do, being older doesn't change that.
    I hope she gets well very soon.
    "With gentle hands and the heart of a fighter, I am a survivor!" - Reba McEntire

Blog Entries
    Thanks

Hunniebun, Just to clarify, this happened at a large, private hospital, not the nursing home. Not that it makes a lot of difference. Like you said, no matter where the senior is they have the same rights as anybody else. Unfortunately, mom has Advanced Dementia and can't stick up for her rights anymore and I can't be there 24/7, so I do what I can to protect her the best I can. Thanks so much for your concern and caring.

Blog Entries
    Thanks

Wow...Even at a hospital, it doesn't matter, it shouldn't happen ANYWHERE AT ALL. What is with some people these days...
    "With gentle hands and the heart of a fighter, I am a survivor!" - Reba McEntire

Blog Entries
    Thanks

I wonder that myself Hunniebun. People nowadays are not like they were years ago. It's sad!