Thread: Hi Everyone~

Thanks

Default Hi Everyone~

Hi everyone =)

My name is Amy and I recently turned 16 but I also recently got diagnosed with SLE except I've probably had the symptoms for a while now. I found this forum whilst searching the net for more information about my condition. Just looking for a place where I can find out more about what I have and how I can live with it. I'm always open to new things and I'm always happy to make new online friends who can help me in this. I may be slightly younger than most members...(I think)..but I'm really ok to talk to anyone :3 I'm generally an optimistic person but sometimes I just feel a little lost and lonely because most people don't really understand this.

Anyways I just wanted to introduce myself to all of you nice people~

Looking forward to learning more

Thanks

Hi Amy,
    Welcome to WHL. You are definitely not the only teen member that we have. There is even a forum just for you guys. We older members love being cyber-aunties and uncles and we have cheered several young people on as they have finished high school and started college while dealing with AI diseases.
    We're always glad to answer questions and to be a cheering support group, no matter what stage in life are members are going through.
    I happen to be a retired high school teacher, and I miss my teenagers, so I'm always glad to be a cyber-auntie.

BTW - we have quite a few Aussies in our membership, too. So, read the stickys, read some established threads, and feel free to start new ones when you have questions. Since we have members all over the world, there is usually somebody hanging around who can answer your questions.
    Hugs.
    Marla

3. The Following User Says Thank You to magistramarla For This Useful Post:

Saysusie (02-18-2012)

Blog Entries
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,641 Times in 1,127 Posts

hi from another aussie sagitarian.

please tell me a little more about yourself.
    i am in western australia, and just a little older (50) than you.

i have written a few things about me on my "profile" page.

it will be good to get to know you through the forum.

again welcome.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to steve.b For This Useful Post:

Saysusie (02-18-2012)

Thanks

Hi Amy,

Welcome to WHL.
    Like Marla said, we always support our teens, as we support each other.
    We all know, that nobody but fellow Lupies, understand, what we are going through. That is the reason we are here, we understand.
    If you have any questions, we will try and answer them for you.

Debbie
    I may have been dealt a bad hand, but at least I'm still playing with a full deck. ( most of the time anyway).

7. The Following User Says Thank You to debbie-b For This Useful Post:

Saysusie (02-18-2012)

Saysusie is offline Super Moderator Super ModeratorEmperor of the Universe
    Blog Entries
    Thanks

Hello and welcome to our family..I posted an eloquent response to you post and, instead of hitting reply, I somehow deleted it. Due to my brain fog and fatigue, I cannot remember what I said. So, now I am just going to give you a very warm welcome, let you know that you are not alone and that we do, indeed, understand. I am so happy that you are here.
    Peace and Blessings
    Namaste
    Saysusie

OK..brain fog is so bad..I just realized that I could have just gone to the automatically saved post. Uggh
    Look For The Good and Praise It!