Thread: Snoring Problem

Blog Entries
    Thanks

Default Snoring Problem

Do any of you have suggestions to help with snoring, (other than retiring to separate rooms)? I keep my boyfriend up at night with my snoring. I have talked to my Dr. about this, but he said there isn't much they can do about it. Is that true? Is surgery very successful, or are their other ways to solve this problem?

Blog Entries
    Thanks

Try propping yourself up. Personally I would see another doctor, but that's just me. lol Snoring can be the sign of something else going on. He should have, you didn't say if he had, done some sort of testing to make sure that nothing detrimental is going on. It can be a sign of sleep apnea. I'm sure others will come along to give you more advice, but these are my .02. *grin*
    Lauren

tgal is offline Super Moderator Super ModeratorEmperor of the Solar System
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,741 Times in 1,211 Posts

This really seems to be a big problem because I have seen many posts about it. Usually the doctor will send you to a sleep clinic to check for sleep apnea. My doctors have wanted
    me to do it since the beginning. At first I couldn't afford it and ow I have no insurance.

You might want to talk to your doctor about that because it seems to come up often
    Mari

Success is not final, failure is not fatal: it is the courage to continue that counts.

~Winston Churchill~

Thanks

since i have to membersof my family my husband and my daughter with sleep apnea and snoring was a major factor with them getting tested as well as tiredness i reccomend you have sleep study done just to rule it out. hugs kim

Blog Entries
    Thanks

I had sleep studies done a few years ago and I was told that I don't have sleep apnea. I guess I can rule that out.

Thanks

My hubby had the sleep study and tried a CPAP machine. We both hated that thing! He sleeps with his mouth open, so he would break the seal on it, which would make it keep forcing more air into the tube until it woke both of us up when he would be choking and gagging. Also, pieces kept breaking on the thing, and the medical supply company went crazy with sending all kinds of new parts for it, and charging us a huge amount of money for them. I took me a while to pay them off.

We finally came to the agreement that Jeff should just learn to sleep on his side, rather than always sleeping on his back. He has been snoring less that way. When he does get onto his back and starts snoring, I prod him until he moves to his side.

LOL - He's snoring in his recliner right now! His cat is snoring in his lap, too.
    Hugs,
    Marla

Blog Entries
    Thanks

I snore very, very loudly. So much that sometimes I wake myself up. My hubby wears earplugs. Swears it helps.
    "I'm going to get healthy or die trying"

Blog Entries
    Thanks

I did the same thing last night. I woke myself up at least three or four times. What kind of earplugs did your husband have?

Saysusie is offline Super Moderator Super ModeratorEmperor of the Universe
    Blog Entries
    Thanks

I wonder if our debilitating fatigue and many disease-related sleep disturbances contribute to our snoring. I agree, this seems to be a common problem amongst many of us and I can't help wondering if it is, somehow, connected to our disease?
    My husband nudges me until I sleep on my side also. I have also found that sleeping in an almost seated position reduces the amount that I snore..so I have a very large, very soft bed pillow that I prop up on. Seems to help me.

Peace and Blessings
    Namaste
    Saysusie
    Look For The Good and Praise It!

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Saysusie For This Useful Post:

DrinkofWtr (02-20-2012)