Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 21 and struggling

Thanks

Default 21 and struggling

I was recently diagnoised i am 21 years old is all it started out with mild knee pain but got worse quick. I no longer knw what normal is and whats the lupus.. i was hoping others could tell me some of the things the have experienced one of the man things ive noticed is nausea as wel as im so weak i cant stand up on my own. Im still about a week out from my doctor appointment so im trying to get all info to talk with him about. Any info that you feel would be helpful would be greatly appreciated! Thanks

Thanks

Hi Codi,
    Welcome to WHL. We're a cyber family here, and we strive to support each other.
    My advice to you is to start by reading the stickys at the top of each forum. There is a lot of good info there. Then, rad through any threads that are interesting to you. Then, feel free to ask questions by starting new threads or joining in on established ones.
    There is usually someone hanging around who will be glad to answer your questions.
    Hugs,
    Marla

3. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to magistramarla For This Useful Post:

Saysusie (02-15-2012), tgal (02-15-2012)

Blog Entries
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,631 Times in 1,118 Posts

one of the most helpful things i have learnt.....
    is to have all of your questions written down, before you see the doctor.
    once you get into see the doctor, you are so interested in what is being said,
    you forget your questions.

5. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to steve.b For This Useful Post:

Saysusie (02-15-2012), tgal (02-15-2012)

tgal is offline Super Moderator Super ModeratorEmperor of the Solar System
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,741 Times in 1,211 Posts

The weakness you are feeling is what we talk about when we say "fatigue". You will often hear it mentioned around here as "lead blanket fatigue". Most people don't understand it. They think we mean that we are tired. The fatigue is very different. I would like you to read something that is very helpful when we are new as well as when we try to explain how this disease makes us feel.

The Spoon Theory
    Mari

Success is not final, failure is not fatal: it is the courage to continue that counts.

~Winston Churchill~

7. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to tgal For This Useful Post:

Saysusie (02-15-2012), tripLexie (02-17-2012)

Thanks

Thank that is one of best things ive read!

Saysusie is offline Super Moderator Super ModeratorEmperor of the Universe
    Blog Entries
    Thanks

I just wanted to also welcome you to our family. You've been given some great advice and I am glad that you found The Spoon Theory helpful (as so many of us have).
    There is not much that I can add to the excellent information that you've been given..so I just wanted to make sure that I welcomed you and let you know that we are all here to help you as much as we can.
    Please, know that you are not alone.

Peace and Blessings
    Namaste
    Saysusie
    Look For The Good and Praise It!

Blog Entries
    Thanks

That spoon theory is so helpful, especially when explaining to younger people like my peers. I found they had a harder time understanding what lupus was. Make sure to make a list of questions for your doctors appointment when I actually do remember the list it does help.

Thanks

I loved the spoon theory. It's nice to relate to a younger crowd. I'm 20, and the struggle sometimes erks me. I wish that I could go out and dance the night away, party all night, or spend the day shopping. Those things seem so far away now.

(Good thing my boyfriend doesn't enjoy any of those things. We've (I've) learned to be quite the homebodies.)
    "Rule number one is, don't sweat the small stuff. Rule number two is, it's all small stuff."
    -Robert Eliot

Dx: Potential Lupus, Diffuse Systemic Sclerosis, Mixed Connective Tissue Disease

Rx: Prednisone 5mg 1x daily, Lyrica 75mg 2x daily, Omeprazole 200mg 1x daily, Xanax .5mg prn

Thanks

Lexie,
    I know just what you mean. I've always been the person who has always been going and doing something, never sitting still for long. Now, I'm a homebody, too.
    My hubby is like your boyfriend - he prefers to stay home with his computers and books. Sometimes, it still drives me nuts. If I could still drive further than I can, and had more stamina, I'd be leaving him to his studies and going to check out all of the neat places there are to see along the coast.
    I hate it that I have to depend on him to finally decide to get out and do some exploring.
    Hugs,
    Marla

Thanks

Same with my boyfriend he is perfect we have invested in new games and movies to help .. thanks lexi to help me understand im not the only young one struggling