Thread: Appt. tomorrow, second 'stab' at a diagnosis

Hybrid View

Thanks

Default Appt. tomorrow, second 'stab' at a diagnosis

I have my 'first' appt. tomorrow morning after a long ten years of off and on appts. that led no where. PLEASE please pray for me and wish me much luck!

I know it isn't smart, and no one hear condones it,I'm trying to enduce flare. Two weeks ago it seemed to be at it's strongest, and I had wished I was able to see the doctor then. It's been 14 days and though I am still in pain, showing rashes, and pretty damn miserable, I look nothing and feel nothing like I did at the onset. I know that being in the sun gives me terrible rashes on my chest.. But it's too cold and I have to be out in it for a long period of time for it to show up. So I am going to the tanning bed! Hopefully that gives my flare a little kick.

I am not crazy, I am just desperate for my doctor to SEE what I FEEL.

This is a new doc, and they think it is just an annual wellness exam. They told me no food or liquid after midnight. I'm hoping they are already doing bloodwork, but if not.. I think I'll request it.

Once again, PLEASE wish me luck!!!!!
    "Rule number one is, don't sweat the small stuff. Rule number two is, it's all small stuff."
    -Robert Eliot

Dx: Potential Lupus, Diffuse Systemic Sclerosis, Mixed Connective Tissue Disease

Rx: Prednisone 5mg 1x daily, Lyrica 75mg 2x daily, Omeprazole 200mg 1x daily, Xanax .5mg prn

Blog Entries
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,616 Times in 1,106 Posts

i hope all goes well.
    a diagnosis, medications, and the end of the flare.

3. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to steve.b For This Useful Post:

tgal (02-15-2012), tripLexie (02-15-2012)

Thanks

Aww, Lexie
    I know just how you feel. My new rheumy here in CA doesn't seem to want to accept the diagnosis that my good rheumy back in Texas gave me, so I've done the same thing before. Much to my dismay, when I went in after no meds and feeling like ****, she didn't even request any blood work! Obviously, I was not happy.
    I hope that you have much better luck.
    Don't overdo it, though!
    Hugs,
    Marla

5. The Following User Says Thank You to magistramarla For This Useful Post:

tripLexie (02-15-2012)

Thanks

I also know how you feel. I take photos when I have rashes. I also now take my husband and that helps to confirm things that I say. Hope this helps. Good luck and let us know how you get on.
    Desley
    For every dark cloud there is a silver lining!
    Diagnosed: Lupus; mesenteric panniculitis; fat nacrosis;

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Desleywr For This Useful Post:

tripLexie (02-15-2012)

Thanks

You already know, that is not wise to dare a flare. I do understand your motive though. You want the doctor to see what you are going through and maybe help him to make a dx.
    Like Marla said, don't over do it.
    If you have to have a flare, I wish for you, that you have it, when you go to see the doc.
    Good luck.

Debbie
    I may have been dealt a bad hand, but at least I'm still playing with a full deck. ( most of the time anyway).

9. The Following User Says Thank You to debbie-b For This Useful Post:

tripLexie (02-15-2012)

Thanks

Sitting in the waiting room now. Wish me luck!!!
    "Rule number one is, don't sweat the small stuff. Rule number two is, it's all small stuff."
    -Robert Eliot

Dx: Potential Lupus, Diffuse Systemic Sclerosis, Mixed Connective Tissue Disease

Rx: Prednisone 5mg 1x daily, Lyrica 75mg 2x daily, Omeprazole 200mg 1x daily, Xanax .5mg prn