Thread: Newbie

Thanks

Cool Newbie

Hey everyone,
    I was just diagnosed two weeks ago but I have had symptoms for two years. I look forward to gaining the knowledge that can only come from a forum. I'm trying to finish my Master's degree and reduce my stress level. I am taking plaquenil but having to stop and start over at a lower dose. The side effects were just too hard to deal with. I haven't started an anti-inflammatory yet because of surgery in November to fuse vertebrae. The anti-inflammatory medication would prevent the fusions from completing. Hopefully by April or May I will be able to start taking them.

I look forward to this "conversation."

Amy

tgal is offline Super Moderator Super ModeratorEmperor of the Solar System
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,741 Times in 1,211 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Amy2913 View Post
    Hey everyone,
    I was just diagnosed two weeks ago but I have had symptoms for two years. I look forward to gaining the knowledge that can only come from a forum. I'm trying to finish my Master's degree and reduce my stress level. I am taking plaquenil but having to stop and start over at a lower dose. The side effects were just too hard to deal with. I haven't started an anti-inflammatory yet because of surgery in November to fuse vertebrae. The anti-inflammatory medication would prevent the fusions from completing. Hopefully by April or May I will be able to start taking them.

I look forward to this "conversation."

Amy
    Hi Amy,

Welcome to WHL. We are so glad that you found us. Please feel free to look through the old threads or start new ones if you have questions. I look forward to getting to know you and welcome to our WHL family
    Mari

Success is not final, failure is not fatal: it is the courage to continue that counts.

~Winston Churchill~

Blog Entries
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,617 Times in 1,107 Posts

hi amy, and welcome.
    many of us call this place our cyber family.
    hopefully you will receive the support i receive.

there is quite a few other students here.
    they may be able to offer advice.

please read a few of the older posts.
    they are our personal experiences with lupus.

Saysusie is offline Super Moderator Super ModeratorEmperor of the Universe
    Blog Entries
    Thanks

Hi Amy;
    Welcome to our family. I am so glad that you found us. I am sorry to hear that you are having negative side-effects from the Plaquenil and that you cannot start anti-inflammatory medication right now. Have your doctors mentioned corticosteriods or immunosuppressants to you? Often, these medications are used instead of anti-inflammatory drugs and/or when Plaquenil is not beneficial.
    Please browse around our forum, read the sticky's as they are filled with great information, and participate in any conversation that you wish. We are here to help you as much as we can. Again.....welcome.

Peace and Blessings
    Namaste
    Saysusie
    Look For The Good and Praise It!

Thanks

Hi Amy,
    Welcome to WHL. We'll be glad to have you join our conversations.
    Hugs,
    Marla