Thread: Hello!

Thanks

Default Hello!

Hello all.

I am Kailin and I came to a forum finally because I am in my second trimester of pregnancy and starting to freak out a bit. I was diagnosed (and maybe I should say still trying to figure out what is going on) with Lupus Anticoagulant issues. I give myself a shot daily (Lovenox) to thin the blood so that I dont clot in the umbilical cord or in the placenta.

I am here hoping to seek other women that have gone through pregnancy and had good outcomes. or just their experience. This is such a scary time! The doctors tested my Kidney function and they are already starting to shut down production and my Uterine Arteries are looking preeclampsia-ish. I am so scared little baby girl will come too early but hoping that some women here with the same diagnoses had great outcomes!

Thanks

Hi Kailin,

Welcome to WHL.
    I can't help you with your question, because I was 51, when I was diagnosed with Lupus.
    As far as I remember, we have had a few women here, who had babies recently. I am sure, somebody with an answer will come along soon.
    I can imagine, that you are scared, but try to relax, I know it's easier said than done.

Debbie
    I may have been dealt a bad hand, but at least I'm still playing with a full deck. ( most of the time anyway).

Blog Entries
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,617 Times in 1,107 Posts

hi kailin,
    i am a male, so cannot offer my experiences.

but i wanted to say you are not alone.
    this site is our cyber family.
    others will come along to help.
    i wish you well with your new girl.

Thanks

Hi Kailin,
    Welcome to WHL. I don't have any answers for you, since I had my children long before my diagnosis.
    We do have several new moms in the group, and some who are currently preggers.
    I hope that one of them reads this thread and give you some good advice.
    The rest of us will gladly give our support - we love being cyber aunties and uncles.
    Hugs,
    Marla

tgal is offline Super Moderator Super ModeratorEmperor of the Solar System
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,741 Times in 1,211 Posts

Hi Kailin! Welcome to WHL! There are several members here that have gone through pregnancy while having lupus. I am sure they will be back around during the week and will be glad to help you through.

As Marla said, we are family here so welcome to the WHL family!
    Mari

Success is not final, failure is not fatal: it is the courage to continue that counts.

~Winston Churchill~