Thread: Don't know that this is necessarily a symptom, but....

Blog Entries
    Thanks

Default Don't know that this is necessarily a symptom, but....

it's driving me MAD!!!! My eye has been twitching all morning! Not the eyelid, but just below my eye. Anyone else have this problem? I know it can be from being tired or stress - neither of which I am right now.
    Lauren

rob is offline Super Moderator Super ModeratorEmperor of the World
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,105 Times in 628 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by red246 View Post
    it's driving me MAD!!!! My eye has been twitching all morning! Not the eyelid, but just below my eye. Anyone else have this problem? I know it can be from being tired or stress - neither of which I am right now.
    I get odd twitches like that quite often. For me, my neuro says it's caused by CNS issues from MS. Potassium is supposed to help-I eat plenty of banana's. I did have it long before my MS diagnosis though.

Blog Entries
    Thanks

Thanks Rob. It is still going on - has been all day. It's really becoming annoying. I've had it happen before, but never all day! UGH! If it's still going on tomorrow, I think I'll put a call in to the doc. Thanks for the potassium info!
    Lauren

Thanks

Also try and see if heat from shower water on the face increases the twitch also ice pack may reduce. No harm in trying it used to work for me - the ice pack worked for me. And the heat from the shower water increased the twitch. Good luck!
    Desley
    For every dark cloud there is a silver lining!
    Diagnosed: Lupus; mesenteric panniculitis; fat nacrosis;

tgal is offline Super Moderator Super ModeratorEmperor of the Solar System
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,743 Times in 1,212 Posts

Well I don't have MS but I have CNS issues and I get those all the time. I also have low potassium issues so it could be from that. If you are going to start taking potassium ask your doc about taking a magnesium tablet too. Magnesium will help the body absorb the potassium
    Mari

Success is not final, failure is not fatal: it is the courage to continue that counts.

~Winston Churchill~

Blog Entries
    Thanks

Yes that happens to me all the time. It doesn't hurt or anything it's just weird. Now that I think about it I never connected the twitches to low potassium or magnesium. I know I get twitches all the time though, like I get them a lot in my arms.

Thanks

Crap. I keep reading about all this stuff that points to CNS involvement and I have almost every single symptom - stuff like the eye twitch which is new but I didn't think it had anything to do with the Lupus. And maybe it doesn't - I just don't like how the numbers are lining up. :-(