Thread: Motivation for all

Thanks

Default Motivation for all

Hello to all. I am new on here, but not so new to Lupus. I am a 37 year old white male. I was diagnosed with Lupus and Sjogrens in 2008. I am in the U.S. Air force stationed in England. I just wanted to tell all of you that I passed my fitness test this morning. I could not have done it without each and every one of you. You all were my motivation to do this. Our fitness test consist of 1.5 mile run (I ran it in 11:26) 1 Minute of pushups (I did 48) and 1 Minute of situps (I did 56). I hope that my accomplishment can now be motivation for someone else on here. Thanks again

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to plunk989 For This Useful Post:

BonusMom (02-08-2012), design_for_mom (02-08-2012)

Thanks

First, welcome to WHL.
    I am happy for you, that you were able to pass your fitness test and I am happy for you, that you had the strength to endure this very physical task.

Debbie
    I may have been dealt a bad hand, but at least I'm still playing with a full deck. ( most of the time anyway).

Thanks

Welcome to WHL and thank you for your service!

I'm so impressed with your ability to maintain your level of physical fitness. Keep it up! What an inspiration!

Thanks

WOW, congratulations and THANK YOU, I needed to hear something like this today!! Thank You for your service as well, I grew up Air Force and know the physical requirements. You should be VERY proud of yourself, we are luck to have you at our backs!!!!!

Trish

rob is offline Super Moderator Super ModeratorEmperor of the World
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,105 Times in 628 Posts

Hello Plunk,

Welcome to WHL! I served in the US Army, and our P.T. Test was very similar to yours. We had a two mile run, and we had two minutes each to do as many sit-ups and pushups as possible. Passing the P.T. test without Lupus can be a challenge, let alone with.

It's always good to hear about an accomplishment such as yours. It does wonders for everyone's morale and motivation.

Please make yourself at home here,

Rob

Thanks

Hi Plunk,
    Welcome to WHL from an AF wife. My hubby has been serving since 1981. He's currently working on his PHD at the Naval Postgraduate School.
    He's AF, he's attending a Navy school, and we're living on an Army post. How's that for Joint Services?
    I know what those PT tests are like, and how much Jeff stresses about them. Congrats for managing to do it with AI diseases.
    I'm jealous of your posting in England. My daughter's hubby has orders to Ramstein, Germany. You young'uns get all the luck!
    Hugs,
    Marla