Thread: Heart Problem

Blog Entries
    Thanks

Default Heart Problem

I was just told by my Dr. that I had a heart attack in the past. One of those silent ones, I guess! Anyway, the EKG showed some damage to the heart awhile back. I went to see the Dr. because I had an episode I thought might be heart related yesterday. Pain that radiated up to my neck and throat area from the heart area. Anyway, to make a long story short, the Dr. is setting me up for a stress test the end of this month and told me, of course, to go to emergency if I have another episode. Just another thing on my already full plate besides the fact that I have been under a tremendous amount of stress lately! I'll tell you all about that stress llater though when I am ready to relate it. Again, thank you all for being so supportive, not only now, but in the past also. I care about you all.

Blog Entries
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,645 Times in 1,130 Posts

i wish you well.

i know a few people who had heart attacks and didnt know it.

hopefully you are like the few i know...... everything is fine for them.
    please keep us informed.

best wishes go your way.

Thanks

The most inportant thing for you is to reduce your stress, I know, it is easier said than done.
    I have learned since my dx five years ago, not to sweat the small stuff or the things that I can't change anyway.
    This site has also helped me, to keep everything in perspective.
    We have alot of people here, who suffer from depression, I am fortunate enough to not suffer from depression. Maybe it is my "WHATEVER" attitute, which I didn't have, when I was younger.
    I also found out, that alot of people are worse off than me. Don't get me wrong, I do have enough physical problems to deal with, but I always think, it could be worse.
    Hopefully, you can develope an attitute, that is going to help you with your stress.
    The best of luck to you, take care of yourself.

Debbie
    I may have been dealt a bad hand, but at least I'm still playing with a full deck. ( most of the time anyway).

tgal is offline Super Moderator Super ModeratorEmperor of the Solar System
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,743 Times in 1,212 Posts

I will be keeping you in my thoughts. Please let us know how the tests go!
    Mari

Success is not final, failure is not fatal: it is the courage to continue that counts.

~Winston Churchill~

Blog Entries
    Thanks

I don't suffer from depression either and that along with my faith in God that things will work out is what keeps me going. I do have to work more on coping techniques for the stress though.

Thanks

YIKES!!!! That is really scary, though I am glad you found out and now know to be more careful. Reducing stress will make you happier anyway, so maybe this is a good wake-up call and will have really positive effects in the long run...
    *hugs*