Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Does anyone feel BETTER in the sun?

Blog Entries
    Thanks

I haven't had any issues in the sun. I have olive skin and so have only been burnt a handful of times despite multiple hours in the sun. Ive read so much about the photosensitivity in lupus and i was so worried that, especially given the gaping hole in the ozone layer above Australia, i would be one of those people. especially having spent most of my life in the sun. though having said that i do take more precautions in the sun these days, i order a 50+ suncream from europe (given 30 is as high as i can find in Australia) and usually wear this every day.
    Diagnosed with SLE and Antiphospholipid Syndrom - June 2010

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Nat For This Useful Post:

SleepyInSeattle (02-13-2012)

rob is offline Super Moderator Super ModeratorEmperor of the World
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,105 Times in 628 Posts

Out in the sun, I used to burn to a crisp in 30 minutes flat, and that was before Lupus. Now, I burn to a crisp and end up feeling like I have a case of the Flu. Fever, chills, fatigue, and other flare symptoms always follow.

I live really far up north, and the UV intensity is pretty low here. And it's more often cloudy than not, so it really helps. I have fair skin/blue eyes so I've always been really sensitive to the sun. I need sunglasses to do anything outdoors, even on overcast days.

I'm glad I don't live in the desert southwest anymore.

Rob

4. The Following User Says Thank You to rob For This Useful Post:

SleepyInSeattle (02-13-2012)

Blog Entries
    Thanks

So glad to hear im not the only person who wears sunglasses all the time. I wonder if thats the fact were not in the sun often or the meds? hmmmm
    I do miss the sun though. I did me wonders I tanned great and it made my hair so pretty. Now I can literally feel the sun hurting me when im just driving. I try to put on sun screen all the time but sometimes I do forget. If it's too sunny out or im out in it too long I get horrible headaches and get really shaky.