Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: How do you cope with it?

Thanks

Hi Matt,
    Welcome to WHL. I know what you are talking about. I raised five children, and I used to teach in a High School. I was a very busy, active woman, from the moment I got up until I hit the pillow. Now, I wake up with a list of things that I would like to get done for the day, but I'm lucky if I manage to get more than one thing on the list accomplished.
    It is really frustrating, but I've learned to slow down and listen to my body.
    Best of luck with the music gigs!
    Hugs,
    Marla

Thanks

I was wondering about the dark colored rashes under your arm you thought were caused by a fungus.

In the past I have gotten some weird rashes mostly in my arm pit-but I didn't think it was lupus related(I get plenty of lupus related rashes but this is different )

Did you ever figure out what caused yours?

By the way I am a big music fan too-I listen to both kinds- country and western!

Thanks

If it works:~} and it makes you happy to boot.
    Quote Originally Posted by mbrewer2 View Post
    Thanks for the quick replies! Like I posted before this one it is great to hear that I'm not the only one. Overall I know I'm just in that shock stage right now. Shock that I have it, shocked that I got an answer of what the problem is. Grateful that I got an answer! My doc told me the other day to limit my comings and goings as much as possible. That has seemed to help a little. But there is one thing that makes me forget it all. I'm a musician. I sing and play the guitar in a band with my brother and two best friends. We play several times per week. Its tough getting there. But when I start singing, the pain disappears. Its amazing. My own style of therapy I guess LOL!
    Blessed be the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, the Father of mercies and God of all comfort, who comforts us in all our tribulations, that we may be able to comfort those who are in any trouble, with the comfort wich we ourselves are comforted by God. 2 Corinthians 1:3

Thanks

pardon me mom but there was nothing wrong with eight tracks, I do however perfer vinal. something about the little needle noise. aahhhh memories:~}
    Quote Originally Posted by BonusMom View Post
    Welcome to WHL, Matt.

I think we all have gone through the grieving and acceptance phase. It's just part of having a chronic illness. As to being in a band-whatever "therapy" you can find the energy to engage in is great. To be able to forget Lupus--yee haw (with brain fog we tend to forget a lot, regrettably it's never about SLE).

I play music, too. On my CD's, mostly . Rob likes his 8 track collection. Hehehe
    Blessed be the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, the Father of mercies and God of all comfort, who comforts us in all our tribulations, that we may be able to comfort those who are in any trouble, with the comfort wich we ourselves are comforted by God. 2 Corinthians 1:3

Thanks

didn't you mean rock and roll? haha
    Quote Originally Posted by n.mac View Post
    I was wondering about the dark colored rashes under your arm you thought were caused by a fungus.

In the past I have gotten some weird rashes mostly in my arm pit-but I didn't think it was lupus related(I get plenty of lupus related rashes but this is different )

Did you ever figure out what caused yours?

By the way I am a big music fan too-I listen to both kinds- country and western!

Thanks

Jim,
    Back in our storage unit in Texas, we still have a working eight-track player and a few eight-track tapes. Those were the days!
    I'm with you on the rock & Roll, too. Our younger kids grew up in Texas, so we wound up listening to a lot of country-western.
    Now that we're on our own again, we're back to our good old rock & roll.
    Hugs,
    Marla