Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Congratulations SaySusie

Thanks

Which achievements eg voluntary contribution ?? We would love to know more so we could understand the significants of the award so we can congratulate with true meaning. Congrats for what you have been doing! Being Australian we don't understand the award and would love to know more! Please explain!
    Desley
    For every dark cloud there is a silver lining!
    Diagnosed: Lupus; mesenteric panniculitis; fat nacrosis;

Thanks

Desley,
    Like you, I'm hoping to get more information on this. I'll try to explain a little for you. Here in my area, there is going to be a big gala event in honor of Black History Month (February). It is sponsored by the NAACP and a local African-American fraternity. They will be honoring local folks who have contributed volunteer hours, education, etc. for the betterment of African-Americans and everyone else in our community. This is just on the local level. I'm wondering whether Susie is being honored on the local, state or national level, and for what contributions? I know that I'm curious and proud of her!
    In my Latin classes, I always used Black History Month to teach my students about adjectives and descriptive sentences. We would pick out two prominent African-Americans (like Martin Luther King and Rosa Parks), and the kids would write adjectives describing them, or more elaborate sentences for the more advanced students. We would make a big poster out of their sentences, and put it in the hall outside of my classroom. The students really loved that project!
    SaySusie would be great on that project - valida, benigna mulier. (a strong, kind woman)
    Hugs,
    Marla

Thanks

That is so Fantastic Marla it now makes even more an impression on me. How wonderful for her to be recognised for her efforts. Absolutely Fabulous!
    Desley
    For every dark cloud there is a silver lining!
    Diagnosed: Lupus; mesenteric panniculitis; fat nacrosis;