Thread: Anxiety/Depression?

Thanks

Default Anxiety/Depression?

Gday people

The majority of us here have had depression or anxiety problems at some time or another. I remember having physical feelings of achey muscles and weakness all over the body (worse in the legs). A very weak jelly feeling. Since its very difficult to get life going after a horror case of SLE and a long list of other no good issues and only being 20, I am confident the depression has returned and am getting very weak and jelly over my body.

Have other peeps with anxiety or depression problems experienced similar feelings? I truly hate it, the self esteem and confidence has just walked out the door and said farewell along with steady, strong feeling muscles.

Cheers.

Blog Entries
    Thanks

When I was your age it happened several times. It would scare me to death because I didn't know I had Lupus. Anxiety and depression are bad at any age. I wish I had an answer as to how to overcome. I'm going through it right now also. I just want to get my Life back together and can't seem to make it work.

Hugs Youngling

Blog Entries
    Thanks

Yes, I have Major Depression Disorder along with SLE and Fibromyalgia.

I was 22 when I was diagnosed, and I am 25 now, still too young to have to deal with all of this crap.

I used to take 200mgs of Zoloft every day, and I was on it for about a year or more before I felt much better and I was able to go off of it, plus it was giving me problems with sleep, so I had to. I don't like to rely on chemicals to help make you feel better, I felt awful relying on drugs in order to feel better. Recently I think my depression has come back, and that's because of what has been going on with my sister and other things, I'm pretty sure anyway.
    When I am depressed/having anxiety, I will breathe a lot faster, feel a lot weaker, have headaches much more often, and feel every more tired than the usual chronic fatigue.
    If you can, I would suggest seeing a counselor. I don't want to go back on the zoloft, I'd rather treat my depression without them, by seeing my counselor once a week and actively participating in the exercises she gives me to use. It's been a huge benefit having her to talk to, having her guidance and her wisdom to keep me on track, instead of just popping a pill. But that's just how I feel and what works for me.
    The mixture of counseling AND anti depressant medication works very well, much more than JUST medication alone.
    Last edited by Hunniebun; 02-03-2012 at 10:57 AM.
    "With gentle hands and the heart of a fighter, I am a survivor!" - Reba McEntire

Thanks

i am sorry you are going through this most of us suffer this on and off with our illness as well as other pressures in our life my eldest daughter has lupus as well as post traumatic stress disorder and everyday is a battle for her some days she just does not get out of bed. hope things improve for you soon hugs

Blog Entries
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,641 Times in 1,127 Posts

i also found that i lost my fine motor skills.

this was the main symptom that lead to my diagnosis of depression.
    i could not write neatly, could not use tools that required fine tuning.

for me the depression medication is long term.
    i do not have the right chemical makeup in my body.
    i need this medication to help keep me balanced.

also remember that not everyone is suited to the same medication....
    that is why there are so many brands on the shelves.
    if one brand is not giving the correct effect.....
    you may need to talk to your doctor about changing brands.
    it took me about 4 changes to get the right mix for me.
    the right mix is 2 different brands. 1 morning and a different one at night.

i hope you sort out a good balance.........
    i remember you were trying to help with lupus counselling.
    i wish you well with both endevours.

Thanks

Thankyou for the support peeps. It can help to hear from fellow Lupus battlers that I am not alone in Depression/Anxiety which is truly awful. (not that im glad you guys have mental issues like me, just good to hear im not on my own.)

Hunniebun I am on your page when it comes to not wanting to take medication just to feel ok mentally, anti depressants do have a decent amount of side effects you would rather go without as well. And yes 25 is still much too young for this crap....im hoping in 5 years when im that old Im much better =[ I am seeing someone for my depression in a couple of days so thats a small step in the right direction anyway.

Kim,l I feel for your daughter and completely understand how she feels. Life can be rotten and harsh but we have to soldier on aye? I hope your daughter improves dramatically just for the sake of her being much happier.

Nonna you often reply and help out =] I can tell your a top person. I hope things get better one way or another. SLE can cause so much negativity in your life and its a prick, however theres some positivity as well when it comes to growing stronger and getting to know other good people in the same situation.

Thanks

Steve Bryce I just saw your reply after I sent one myself haha.

I know what you mean when you say you lost skills/ability and whatnot. It was identical to me, I was also unable to write neatly and I just felt anything I was ever good at I couldnt do anymore, no matter how hard I tried.

When it comes to the meds, well I will talk to someone and see what they have to say.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to hating_that_pred For This Useful Post:

steve.b (02-04-2012)

Blog Entries
    Thanks

I hear you....i think besides already being poorly to get the added bonus of depression and anxiety is the most terrible feeling of all.I have tried meds but none seem to agree with me.But more recently i took very ill and now am taking Promazine, Mirtazipine and zopiclone to sleep.....which never comes often as i have insomnia.Some days feels like there is no escape...body hurts....mind hurts.But i know this isnt me talking its the illness.....cause one day it will get better..so i continue to look for that glimmer of light.
    Hang in there,rest and know we understand how bad it can get......but it will get better. Speak to your doctor about it,dont suffer in silence like i did.Got a fuzzy head so sorry if you already that lol....fog lol.
    love
    Amanda.xxxx
    I am still here,just been on new meds so unable to function like i used to.I will pop back,just know im thinking of you all and hoping you are keeping on keeping on.xxxxxxx

Blog Entries
    Thanks

Default hi

hahahahaha...i see fog.........i mean if you already wrote that!! x
    I am still here,just been on new meds so unable to function like i used to.I will pop back,just know im thinking of you all and hoping you are keeping on keeping on.xxxxxxx