Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Research/Designer & Daughter of SLE Mom

Thanks

So in summary this is not a research project but an ideas gathering exercise? I have developed my own exel spreadsheet for data collecting as requested by my rhumy and I gather most others here have many methods of recording their progress.
    Desley
    For every dark cloud there is a silver lining!
    Diagnosed: Lupus; mesenteric panniculitis; fat nacrosis;

Thanks

The industrial design process is transdisiplinary so its hard to pigeon hole it - but no it's not a formal research project. Im hoping that anyone willing to take part will be able to have fun, be relaxed and remain open/casual about the topic. Since the topic has been chosen already most of the idea gathering is over what im really interested in refining the concept, it's delivery system and functions: what do potential users want, what would best serve them, how can the concept benefit people, how can it be uplifting and positive, etc. So the forum is like a remote focus group, and hopefully a circle of new friends willing to give casual feedback.

I've learned through school that the creative process is wonderfully fun, stimulating and challenging - and it should always be shared
    Last edited by design_for_mom; 02-02-2012 at 12:31 PM.

Saysusie is offline Super Moderator Super ModeratorEmperor of the Universe
    Blog Entries
    Thanks

Design_for_Mom;
    We have, in the past, had several persons request our participation in their studies/research. As has been stated on those previous occasions, I believe that research is vital to the possibility of a cure or for treatments that truly alleviate the symptoms of Lupus. However, such research cannot be conducted here on WHL. By this, I mean that you may ask if any member wishes to participate and you may provide your contact information here on WHL. Should a member agree to participate, the member may contact you outside of WHL and their participation would be completely voluntary and a personal decision. Any further contact between you and that member must remain outside of WHL.
    As you've seen, there are several members who have agreed to help you with your research. I now ask that you provide your information to these members so that they may contact you in order to continue to help you. But any help or participation may not be conducted here at WHL.
    If you have any further questions or should you need any more information, please feel free to contact me by PM. Thank you for adhering to our rules and for all that you are trying to do for those of us who suffer from this disease.

Peace and Blessings
    Namaste
    Saysusie
    Last edited by Saysusie; 02-02-2012 at 10:20 PM.
    Look For The Good and Praise It!

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Saysusie For This Useful Post:

design_for_mom (02-02-2012)

Thanks

Hello, Saysusie,

Thank you for taking the time to review this. I understand completely why this forum may not be the right place for my class research. I appreciate being permitted to join the community regardless, and will refrain completely from posting anything more about the project on these forums. I look forward to introducing my mom to this site (and will teach her how sign up and surf it) because I think she would find an uplifting experience and a great community of people. I will also be sure that she is clear that the topic is not to be discussed anywhere on these forums.

To continue the project I will install and configure a simple, temporary forum on my own website this weekend for interested participants to view offsite. (I should hopefully have it ready for Monday)
    I'm also hoping it is okay to provide my email address via PM to the interested members above, however I will respectfully wait for your reply before proceeding.

Thanks again,

Bobbi a.k.a 'design_for_mom'

6. The Following User Says Thank You to design_for_mom For This Useful Post:

tgal (02-03-2012)

tgal is offline Super Moderator Super ModeratorEmperor of the Solar System
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,742 Times in 1,211 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by design_for_mom View Post
    Hello, Saysusie,

Thank you for taking the time to review this. I understand completely why this forum may not be the right place for my class research. I appreciate being permitted to join the community regardless, and will refrain completely from posting anything more about the project on these forums. I look forward to introducing my mom to this site (and will teach her how sign up and surf it) because I think she would find an uplifting experience and a great community of people. I will also be sure that she is clear that the topic is not to be discussed anywhere on these forums.

To continue the project I will install and configure a simple, temporary forum on my own website this weekend for interested participants to view offsite. (I should hopefully have it ready for Monday)
    I'm also hoping it is okay to provide my email address via PM to the interested members above, however I will respectfully wait for your reply before proceeding.

Thanks again,b

Bobbi a.k.a 'design_for_mom'
    You may, of course, provide an alternate source of contact via PM for anyone that wishes to participate. Thank you for your work in.trying to make our lives easier.

I will now lock this thread.
    Mari

Success is not final, failure is not fatal: it is the courage to continue that counts.

~Winston Churchill~