Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: To move out or not to move?

Blog Entries
    Thanks

Sometimes I think well maybe a new roommate? But then I think again that no...I want to live alone, but I have bills, and debts and ahhh!!
    "With gentle hands and the heart of a fighter, I am a survivor!" - Reba McEntire

Blog Entries
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,631 Times in 1,118 Posts

tanya,
    have you considered relocating to another area.

now that you have decided to relocate.........
    there is really no boundries.

i decided to relocate onto a farm.
    it is peaceful, there is lots of room, with no neigbours.
    and it is about 1/2 the rent of being in a town or in the city.

i still live close enough to get medical attention ........
    but far enough away to reduce my stress, and my bills.

you also could have improved assistance by relocating.

just an option i wanted you to consider.

i wish you well.
    hope you find somewhere that is suitable.

Blog Entries
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by tgal View Post
    Yeah... I have that list too. I don't fit in any of the state categories and there is nothing local. I am still sitting here without any kind of medical care until oct. Thanks for the info
    Im in the same boat here with no medical care till I don't know when. It's a long process for the medical stuff.

Blog Entries
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Hunniebun View Post
    I keep thinking it is best for me to be living on my own again too, and that our relationship would be better from a distance. I have been living with her for 3 years as adults, minus all of our lives growing up. For a while in between we were not living together, and I really enjoyed it. I already had to remove my mother from my life completely, I have not seen her in a very long time now, and I probably never will again. My sister isn't that bad of a person for that to need to happen too, because she at least tries sometimes, whereas my mother did not.

As for extra help, that will not be provided here. If you really need something, emergency wise, you have to go through a long process of applying and then waiting, and its not worth it to me. If I get the full $906 a month, which I should when I move, they will provide $375 for shelter, and $531 for a living allowance, and that is IT. If you need any other money you need to earn it(a family member cannot give it to you as a gift, it will be deducted), and only up to $500 maximum a month can be earned. This Province is horrible when it comes to its disability benefits, which are lower then almost the rest of the provinces in Canada now.

I am definitely always in a lot of stress, and days I do feel less stress I feel better, so I know moving is the right choice for my own sake, and for my healthy, its just the financial and pets part that may not be. I saw my counselor today and I told her that if I am offered a place in subsidized housing that does not allow me to take my cat and dog, that I will NOT go. Thankfully she understands how it feels and why I would do that, and doesn't feel I should give them up either, in fact she hopes one day that there will be a law making pets allowed anywhere, because it is a human right and landlords interfere with that. My cat instantly relieves my stress when he comes to me and starts purring. And my little dog motivates me to get on my feet and move, and go out places regardless of the pain. Honestly without her its a lot harder for me to do those things. She even knows when I am feeling really bad and adjusts her behaviour for me.

I have an appointment with my financial planner next week Tuesday, and she is going to help me lay everything out and plan what/how to do it all and get me to CALM DOWN.
    I overall hate working with the government. I have to go to the office today to drop off my cheque stub because I am going to declare my earnings for the first time, which I haven't done in 11 months since I started walking dogs, because I was afraid they would try to force me to work or something because of the little job I started doing. I worry a lot and carry a lot of anxiety and I'm sure I cause myself more harm than good and worry about things that probably won't even happen, but I don't have very good control over myself that way. I know at least that I am definitely not the only one who has lied to the government a tiny bit, we do it to survive.

Thank you all for your replies, I appreciate it.
    I really hope things get better. I still agree with the pet thing, and totally understand. Luckily you have all this help with your counselor and financial planner. Does your goverment provide that for you?

Blog Entries
    Thanks

Steve, if I move to a new city, I will still only get $906, it is the same throughout the entire province. The reason I don't want to leave my current city is because I love it here, and if I move away then I am too far from the dogs I walk and it will cost too much in gas to go back and forth.

Mica, the counselor is free. I go to a building that is non-profit, it is a resource centre for women and children only fleeing abuse or need help. The counselors have educations and are paid by the government for what they do.
    The financial planner is also free, she works for my step mother who pays her, and in turn she helps out all of the kids in the family for free.
    I am very grateful for both of these services, and have been using them for a couple years now.
    "With gentle hands and the heart of a fighter, I am a survivor!" - Reba McEntire

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Hunniebun For This Useful Post:

steve.b (02-02-2012)

Blog Entries
    Thanks

Update:

I applied for subsidized housing through the Women's Resource Society where I get counseling. They help women who are fleeing abuse, struggling with addictions, pregnancy, counseling, all sorts of things. They were given money from the government to build a 4 story, 41 unit building that will house women and children only. You need to have a low income to live there and also need some sort of help. It is a program that lasts for 2 years where you can live on your own to be given the time to find your feet again, and pay only 30% of your income for rent.

I was accepted this week, I found out on Tuesday, so I have somewhere to go in april!!!
    Pros: It's a brand new building, I get a never been lived in studio suite on the 2nd floor of the building near the elevator, perfect for me because I have trouble carrying things a far distance, especially heavy things such as groceries.
    The rent is $375 a month and it includes electricity/water/heat. Anything else you want you have to pay for.
    Free Laundry
    Free Parking
    The suites are furnished
    It is in the same area as the recreation centre, so the pool, the ice rink, etc are right on my doorstep.
    BOTH my little dog and my cat can come with me
    I can escape the abuse from my family again and try to improve my health and reduce my stress
    Cons: NO men are allowed what so ever. My boyfriend, my brother, and my dad cannot ever visit me, they cannot set foot into the building. My boyfriend(Steven) respects this, as its something I need to do, and a rule I have to follow. I may not be fleeing an abusive man but lots of women also moving in are, so its understandable.

I can't take my own furniture so it will be stored/used at my sisters place.

I move in April 1st, and it will be one of the easiest moves of my life because the building is 2 minutes down the road from where I currently live. I am looking forward to the next 2 years of peace, healing, and paying down or even eliminating my debts.
    Last edited by Hunniebun; 02-15-2012 at 09:31 PM.

Thanks

Tanya,
    This is good news. It sounds almost like a girls' dorm. It will give you a chance to be independent, and you and Stephen can be creative about planning dates to see each other. Who knows? It might be a really good thing for your relationship.
    Bona Fortuna.
    Hugs,
    Marla

Blog Entries
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,631 Times in 1,118 Posts

i am so happy you have found an acceptable option.

enjoy the new stressed less you.

Blog Entries
    Thanks

Thats great news, sounds like a wonderful situation they have helped provided for you.