Thread: Can't work, but disability DENIED.

Thanks

Default Can't work, but disability DENIED.

I am so disappointed I am in tears. While in the deep valley of a flare is not a good time for me to be hearing this bad news. I have been this route before, was denied twice then hired a lawyer and was approved and was on disability for almost 10 years. When my marriage dissolved, what could I do? I had to go to work or starve, so of course my disability ended when I went back to work. Thank God I had employers that worked with me during my flares, excusing multiple absences, and adjusting my schedules. But working and stress always takes its toll, doesn't it? Now 12 years later I find myself so sick I can hardly get out of bed, but the Soc Sec Admin says I can do SOMETHING to be gainfully employed so I was denied. It's like I am being punished because I went back to work, and though I paid in my SS taxes I cannot draw on them even though I really need to. I am crushed...I don't think I have the strength to go through this again!
    May today bring you joy, freedom from pain, and abundance of blessings!

Kathie Lea

“If the Lord be with us, we have no cause of fear. His eye is upon us, His arm over us, His ear open to our prayer--His grace sufficient, His promises unchangeable.”~John Newton (1725 - 1807)~

rob is offline Super Moderator Super ModeratorEmperor of the World
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,105 Times in 628 Posts

There's no other way to say it-that sucks.

It's as if things aren't already difficult enough.

I'm sorry Kathie Lea.

Rob

Blog Entries
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,617 Times in 1,107 Posts

the system in america S###S

it defies resonable logic.

sorry you are caught up in this mess.

Thanks

Are you able to geta lawyer? I gather in US that is necessary. I am sorry you are going through this!
    Desley
    For every dark cloud there is a silver lining!
    Diagnosed: Lupus; mesenteric panniculitis; fat nacrosis;

tgal is offline Super Moderator Super ModeratorEmperor of the Solar System
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,741 Times in 1,211 Posts

My heart goes out to you because I have been there. Get your lawyer. You don't pay until you win. You can make it. You are stronger than you feel right now. I hate the system we have and I am so sorry for you but if you get a lawyer it is definitely worth what you pay them

I have to say now that I am on disability I am terribly confused as to my future. I want to get better and go back to work but now that I have found out that I won't have any money left if I go on disability again.
    Mari

Success is not final, failure is not fatal: it is the courage to continue that counts.

~Winston Churchill~

Thanks

Thanks to everyone for your encouraging responses. Mari, I thought that if I went back to work after being on disability, I was doing what I needed to do and that it wouldn't be that hard to be re-certified. I guess I was wrong. Rob & Steve, you guys hit the nail on the head, my friends! I guess I will seek legal counsel and see where it takes me.
    May today bring you joy, freedom from pain, and abundance of blessings!

Kathie Lea

“If the Lord be with us, we have no cause of fear. His eye is upon us, His arm over us, His ear open to our prayer--His grace sufficient, His promises unchangeable.”~John Newton (1725 - 1807)~

tgal is offline Super Moderator Super ModeratorEmperor of the Solar System
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,741 Times in 1,211 Posts

I actually missed the part about you going back to work ( sorry... Cns issues going on). I just learned about the problem with going back to work recently. That is absurd! My goal has always been to get to a point where I could work again but this scares me to death! What is our government thinking?
    Mari

Success is not final, failure is not fatal: it is the courage to continue that counts.

~Winston Churchill~

Thanks

Hang in there, Kathie Lea.
    Get a lawyer and fight for it. It just doesn't make sense that sick people have to go through so much to prove they are sick.
    Mari - that's the thing - our government doesn't think!
    Hugs,
    Marla

Blog Entries
    Thanks

They don't allow you to fall back onto disability if you try to decide to work again? That is awful. Do the states provide their own disability besides federal like my province does? In my province we are allowed to do part time work to make $500 a month plus still have the security of our benefits. It's hardly anything at all but its something, I guess...Also if you decide you want to try to work again you may, and if it doesn't work out you can go back on your benefits without having to reapply.
    I have the same problem you do when it comes to trying to get federal disability. I too panicked and went back to the job I quit because I couldn't find anything else, and I was desperate for money, and that is the reason they denied me, and told me I should be able to do some other form of work.
    You need a lawyer again to help you win, or some sort of advocate that knows how to get past the loopholes.
    I wish you luck.
    "With gentle hands and the heart of a fighter, I am a survivor!" - Reba McEntire

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Hunniebun For This Useful Post:

chinadoll (02-03-2012)