Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Disability and SSI Denied

tgal is offline Super Moderator Super ModeratorEmperor of the Solar System
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,741 Times in 1,211 Posts

Default Disability and SSI Denied

Well after jumping through every hoop since June for the SS/SSI people I was informed today that I am not sick enough to receive any disability or disability insurance. Although it is clear that I can no longer do the job I was trained to do they see no reason that I can not do some kind of less stressful, menial type job (their words).

So let's see. I have seizures, I can't drive, I can't be in the sun or in florescent lighting, I can't sit or stand for long periods, some days I can't get out of bed. Any ideas about where I can work that will provide insurance?
    Mari

Success is not final, failure is not fatal: it is the courage to continue that counts.

~Winston Churchill~

Blog Entries
    Thanks

Ok, so now it's time to think this out. What is you background? What do you know? My first thought was receptionist in a doctor's office with the flourescence turned off. A doctor would be understanding. Not panicking, try to think calmly as to what's next to do.

Hugs and good thoughts and prays
    nonna.

Thanks

First thing is that we are going to appeal. Due to my memory/brain issues it would almost impossible for me to work now. I am feeling better today I just had a small panic attack last night. I was warned that this is how it usually goes. It will all be ok. It just takes time
    Mari

Success is not final, failure is not fatal: it is the courage to continue that counts.

~Winston Churchill~

Blog Entries
    Thanks

Definitely appeal. My advocate told me that people are denied because there is not enough information given and to appeal, appeal, appeal until you are given a reason for denial, or you are approved.
    "With gentle hands and the heart of a fighter, I am a survivor!" - Reba McEntire

Thanks

In the states 70% of all applications are denied the first time no matter what they are given. I will be fighting it and I appreciate your support!
    Mari

~Winston Churchill~

Blog Entries
    Thanks

Wow. Definitely keep on fighting.
    "With gentle hands and the heart of a fighter, I am a survivor!" - Reba McEntire

Thanks

I got my atorney aftr first denial. They tld me bsicaly the same thing even aftr my second denial. Im waiting for my date with administrative lw judge. My aty tld me the whle proces cld be up to 1.5 yrs.

Hang in there,

Bill
    Money cannot buy you happiness but it can buy you a big enough boat to allow you to pull up along side it!!! - David Lee Roth

Thanks

It took me 2 years but I was still in shock over losing my business, my home and having a debilitating illness so I didn't give it the attention it needed. After the first denial I got an attorney and it was approved. It takes 3 months to get your money, though, so just be aware of that.

Good luck and I know you'll get it on appeal, but it does suck! They almost always deny it the first time.

Thanks

Isn't it awful that they force people who can't afford it to hire an attorney? Seems like a conspiracy to me!
    Good luck, Mari.
    Hugs,
    Marla

Blog Entries
    Thanks

Is there no legal aid in the US that pays for a lawyer for you? My legal advocate that helped me win was free.