Thread: The 'eyes' have it

Thanks

Question The 'eyes' have it

Hey all,

So, It often feels like I have something in my eye(s)...like sand or something. Is this a symptom?
    Does anyone else have this?

I also have burning or itching on the inside and outside corners of my eyes but I think I read that that was a symptom.
    Unsure about the 'feeling like something is in my eye thing' though.

Thanks

I had the same problem and was diagnosed with sjogrens. I had the feeling there was something in my eye too, but no matter what I did I could not get it out, don't think there was anything in my eye I think it was just a sensation.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by gkf109 View Post
    I had the same problem and was diagnosed with sjogrens. I had the feeling there was something in my eye too, but no matter what I did I could not get it out, don't think there was anything in my eye I think it was just a sensation.
    Thanks, gkf, I wonder if I have Sjogrens as well....

Thanks

mention it to your doctor, not a bad idea to get a eye exam. -Gary

Thanks

Will do, Gary. Thanks.
    And It will get tacked on to the (way too long) symptom list to discuss with my Rheum.

In your experience with Sjogrens did you feel the burning/itching around the edges of your eyes as well?

-Mel

Thanks

Yes my eyes bothered me for a long time, didn't think anything about it because I did home remodeling work and just thought it was all the dust and stuff I was around all day that was causing it, my rhem mentioned i should get a eye exam and the results showed I had severe dry eyes, they told me I make almost no tears at all I also have dry mouth and I am constantly thirsty and no matter how much I drink it never gets any better, you have to be careful with the eyes I waited a long time to go to doc and my corneas got really scratched from no lubrication -gary

7. The Following User Says Thank You to gkf109 For This Useful Post:

Larette (01-29-2012)

Thanks

Gary is right - dry eyes and mouth are symptoms of Sjogrens. Here's a good site for more info: http://www.sjogrens.org/
    Ask your ophthalmologist to do the Shirmer's test for dryness. He may recommend Restasis. It works well for me. It's expensive, even with insurance, but worth it.
    My eye doc told me to ignore the instructions and use the vials more than once, as long as I keep them clean and cool. That stretches my prescription, and makes it more affordable.
    I've dealt with that burning thing, too - it feels like there is some sand or grit in your eye and you just can't get rid of it.
    The Restasis (with Systane eyedrops used in between doses) has helped me a lot.
    Hugs,
    Marla

9. The Following User Says Thank You to magistramarla For This Useful Post:

Larette (01-30-2012)

Thanks

I also use the vials until they are gone, just can't see throwing it away as it is expensive.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to gkf109 For This Useful Post:

Larette (01-30-2012)