Thread: New Targets For Lupus Treatment Inspired By Body's Own Clearing Of Cell Debris

Thanks

Default New Targets For Lupus Treatment Inspired By Body's Own Clearing Of Cell Debris

Cells that die naturally generate a lot of internal debris that can trigger the immune system to attack the body, leading to diseases such as lupus. Now Georgia Health Sciences University researchers report that an enzyme known to help keep a woman's immune system from attacking a fetus also helps block development of these autoimmune diseases that target healthy tissues, such as DNA or joints...

More...
    Last edited by rob; 02-27-2012 at 03:41 AM.

Blog Entries
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,631 Times in 1,118 Posts

this is a re-issue of reports that started 14 years ago.
    it is very interesting, and highly prommising.
    i just wish someone would pick it up and continue the research.

Thanks

Probably explains why so many of us felt so much better when we were pregnant. I think that I had some mild undiagnosed AI symptoms since I was a teen. I spent the thirteen years from the age of nineteen to the age of thirty two pregnant, nursing or both with my five kids. I felt fantastic during those years.
    From thirty five on, I've noticed more and more strange symptoms, until I was diagnosed with MCTD when I was forty nine.
    Now, I want those pregnancy hormones back, but without the pregnancy, please!
    Hugs,
    Marla