Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Hi

Blog Entries
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by lovelyophelia View Post
    Also, I have a twin sister. She hasn't shown any symptoms yet, should she be tested? My grandmother had some form of arthritis and my dad has Vitilago, so it seems autoimmune disorders run in that side of the family.
    Just wanted to say welcome to the site. I also have a twin sister, the doctor really wanted to test her. She refused though, unlike me, she is terrified of needles and blood. Really it depends on whether your sister wants to get tested, and really if I was her I wouldn't be too worried about it unless she started to get sick too. I have a grandmother with RA and an aunt with fibro, thats about it so we didn't see it as a big deal for my sister to get tested.

Saysusie is offline Super Moderator Super ModeratorEmperor of the Universe
    Blog Entries
    Thanks

As has been mentioned, doctors suspect tha Lupus can have a genetic link. If your family has some history of auto-immune issues (of which there are over 60 possibilties), then your chances are greater for developing one yourself. So, as has been sugessted, it might be a good idea for your sister to get tested for auto-immune issues.
    I want to welcome you to our family. We are all here to help you in any way that we can.

Peace and Blessings
    Namaste
    Saysusie
    Look For The Good and Praise It!

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Saysusie For This Useful Post:

tgal (01-30-2012)