Thread: Mild chest deformity? WARNING: Pictures

Thanks

Question Mild chest deformity? WARNING: Pictures

Hello all. Some of you have been conversing with me about some chest pain issues. Most of the extreme/scary stuff has subsided.. But my contant aches and pains continue to worsen. It almost seems as if the pain is spreading. My pain when breathing is still there as well.

Yesterday, I noticed a rash on my chest (splotchy, mostly red, even a little bit of a purple tint in areas) so I decied to take a picture to document for my diagnosis process. After taking the first picture I soon noticed something far worse than a petty little rash. It seemed to me that my affected area (upper left chest) was deformed. It sticks out notably further than the right. It also seems as if my collar bone is off centered on that side as well. I continued to take several picture to assure I centered the camera as perfect as possible, I've attached them here.

Anyone that deals with chest pain or deep breathing pain ever notice this? I don't know how alarmed I should be, but my view alone, I cannot see the diffence becasue it hurts to push my chin towards my chest. The pictures I've attached are taken from a little bit above the center of my cleavage at an angle facing up towards my neck.

chest2.jpg

chest.jpg

*PLEASE NOTE: I did not post these to offend anyone and I apologize if they do. They are strictly for advice and people with similar struggles to see what I'm taking about instead of me trying to explain it.
    "Rule number one is, don't sweat the small stuff. Rule number two is, it's all small stuff."
    -Robert Eliot

Dx: Potential Lupus, Diffuse Systemic Sclerosis, Mixed Connective Tissue Disease

Rx: Prednisone 5mg 1x daily, Lyrica 75mg 2x daily, Omeprazole 200mg 1x daily, Xanax .5mg prn

Thanks

First of all, I don't think these pictures are offensive.
    I have the same uneven sides, but I have scoliosis. I didn't know, that I had scoliosis, until I was about 48, it was discovered at a chest x-ray.
    Maybe, that is what you have.

Debbie
    I may have been dealt a bad hand, but at least I'm still playing with a full deck. ( most of the time anyway).

Thanks

Well I was just worried someone might get mad and get me kicked off this site, LOL! Just trying to be cautious. And I keep thinking that but I was checked obviously in junior high, then again recently at the chiropractor. Hmmm. Thanks for the input!
    "Rule number one is, don't sweat the small stuff. Rule number two is, it's all small stuff."
    -Robert Eliot

Dx: Potential Lupus, Diffuse Systemic Sclerosis, Mixed Connective Tissue Disease

Rx: Prednisone 5mg 1x daily, Lyrica 75mg 2x daily, Omeprazole 200mg 1x daily, Xanax .5mg prn

tgal is offline Super Moderator Super ModeratorEmperor of the Solar System
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,741 Times in 1,211 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by tripLexie View Post
    Well I was just worried someone might get mad and get me kicked off this site, LOL! Just trying to be cautious. And I keep thinking that but I was checked obviously in junior high, then again recently at the chiropractor. Hmmm. Thanks for the input!
    LOL You are not going to get kicked off for showing a picture of a symptom. Unless you start pushing a cure for Lupus you are not going to get kicked off without several private discussions so please don't worry about that!
    Mari

Success is not final, failure is not fatal: it is the courage to continue that counts.

~Winston Churchill~

5. The Following User Says Thank You to tgal For This Useful Post:

tripLexie (01-27-2012)

Thanks

Haha OKAY okay, good! I just wanted to be safe but I'm glad to know something like that isn't cause for it, now I know! Thanks
    -Robert Eliot

Thanks

Rashes on the chest seem to be pretty common with AI diseases. We've had a few threads about them on here. I have one, and I remember seeing the same sort of rash on both my Mother and my Aunt.
    Hugs,
    Marla